Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Gallery > The Showroom > Projects and Restorations
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Projects and Restorations Building a car from scratch, restoring your pride and joy, building a track car, or starting a long term project? This is your place to document it.

Old 08-01-2020, 04:49 PM   #11
Gaz03
Sponge Jockey

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by grunty-motor View Post
That is one lovely looking car!

i had a mk2 RS in PB. Now have the mk3. Cant beat the sound of that volvo unit though!!!
It does sound so much better than the MK3 to be honest. The noise is addictive but ends up in more trips to the local Shell garage!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris chappell View Post
It would be interesting to see if anything is gained by these mods power wise.
Barely any gains at standard really but will have a better effect once remapped.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick-ST View Post
Looking forward to seeing this progress! Had 3 MK2 focus ST's and love every single one!

What do you make of the detailed online gear?
Quote:
Originally Posted by nbray67 View Post
Lovely looking ST buddy.

I've always anchored after one of these but I've no chance now that we have a dog.

Liking the mods, I'd not no where to start with mods like that.

The Detailed Online goodies are cracking products BTW.
The STOC and Facebook groups are really helpful when it comes to mods. Plenty of help and information available on those.

I agree the Detailed Online products are cracking. Great prices and free delivery is a bonus.

I need to try the snow foam now that it has been revised as the bottles I ordered were the first revision and not as effective.

The interior detailer is good too, leaves a nice matte finish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by big dave 666 View Post
Very nice ...I own a 59 plate PB ST and love it. I've a few mods to do this year, funds allowing lol, including block mod, rs plugs, anembo plenum and inlet manifold, uprate the brakes and I'd like a set of O.Z RACING alloys. Yours looks a very tidy one. There seems to be a lot of sh1t out there.
I took mine in for the block mod 2 weeks after purchasing it. It was time for the cambelt to be done so I got it all done in one hit for peace of mind.

Funds is always the biggest problem, especially as the is so much inspiration from looking at others on the groups. The Anembo plenum looks great but I don't know if I can justify the price at the moment. I do love the look of them running on Bola B1's too.

I'm not 100% sure on which direction to go with mine. Either keep it pretty much standard looking (although it has been lowered) as there seems to be very few left which haven't been heavily modified. Or go for the more modified look but not too far, just Zunsport grills and the rear diffuser.
Gaz03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2020, 04:50 PM   #12
Gaz03
Sponge Jockey

Garage
Managed to snap this pic from opposite my driveway the other morning. Testing out the camera on my new Pixel 4 XL with a little added effects using Google Photos

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gaz03 For This Useful Post:
chris.t (13-01-2020), sbrocks (08-01-2020)
Old 13-01-2020, 11:32 AM   #13
Gaz03
Sponge Jockey

Garage
Managed to make a start on a couple of mods this weekend, in between rain showers as usual!

Turbo to Crossover hose ready to be fitted and it was an absolute joy trying to get a large pair of hands down there to undo the old jubilee clip and tighten the new one!

Decided to rain once again as I was in the middle of doing jobs

The RS Vac Pipe was the easiest job of the lot and looks so much tidier than standard. Before:

After:

And this damn clip for the symposer hose was literally the worst thing I've ever faced on a car The hose had welded itself to the original pipe

Symposer removed and metal bung installed

But it was worth it as the engine looks so much tidier without of running over the top.

Gave it a little clean, as much as time allowed, under the scuttle panel whist it was all removed. Could have done a better job but time and the weather was against me

The final result - A neater and tidier engine bay. Plus the sound with the new turbo to crossover hose is great!

Even had time yesterday afternoon to give her a quick clean

The Following User Says Thank You to Gaz03 For This Useful Post:
big dave 666 (13-01-2020)
Old 13-01-2020, 12:01 PM   #14
Andyblue
Distinguished Detailer

Thanked 3,966 Times in 3,211 Posts
Looking nice

Lovely colour
Andyblue is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Andyblue For This Useful Post:
Gaz03 (13-01-2020)
Old 13-01-2020, 02:32 PM   #15
big dave 666
PC Perfectionist

Nice work mate. Yes the symposer delete is an enjoyable job isn't it!!!! Lots of swearing when I did mine.
This weekend coming I'm gonna do the turbo to crossover pipe. Had a quick look at it last weekend whilst I was fitting a new undertray. Looks like you need the arms of a child to get to the bottom clip!. Keep up the good work sir.

Can I ask, with changing to the RS vac pipe is it just a case of buying the pipe and putting it on, or do you require any adaptors or anything else?? Looks so much better. Cheers Dave

Last edited by big dave 666; 13-01-2020 at 02:43 PM.
big dave 666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2020, 04:04 PM   #16
Gaz03
Sponge Jockey

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by big dave 666 View Post
Nice work mate. Yes the symposer delete is an enjoyable job isn't it!!!! Lots of swearing when I did mine.
This weekend coming I'm gonna do the turbo to crossover pipe. Had a quick look at it last weekend whilst I was fitting a new undertray. Looks like you need the arms of a child to get to the bottom clip!. Keep up the good work sir.

Can I ask, with changing to the RS vac pipe is it just a case of buying the pipe and putting it on, or do you require any adaptors or anything else?? Looks so much better. Cheers Dave
The symposer delete was an absolute pig to do! Couldn't even grip that clip properly with a pair of mole grips either. I ended using two large flat screwdrivers in the end and forcing it off. It took a good few hours too!

With the RS Vac Pipe, you use the original sensor which is on the front of the battery tray. This is moved to the back and the kit comes with the extension plug, which is best hidden under the battery tray once fitted. It comes with a rubber bung to go on the crossover pipe too.

It is really easy to do, the hardest part is getting the old pipes off as they are well sealed on. Use a lighter or something to heat them up is best, although I ended up cutting two of them as they aren't needed anyway. There's a few videos on YouTube showing exactly how to fit the kit, well worth a watch before doing it I would say.

The turbo to crossover wasn't the easiest either, as you said. When I looked down, the jubilee clip at the bottom was facing away at the most awkward angle to get to it. Plus having rather large arms made it even more difficult.

I would recommend spending a few minutes to remove the scuttle panel as it makes both jobs far easier. And watch the RS Vac videos before hand so that it all makes sense.
Old 13-01-2020, 04:10 PM   #17
big dave 666
PC Perfectionist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaz03 View Post
The symposer delete was an absolute pig to do! Couldn't even grip that clip properly with a pair of mole grips either. I ended using two large flat screwdrivers in the end and forcing it off. It took a good few hours too!

With the RS Vac Pipe, you use the original sensor which is on the front of the battery tray. This is moved to the back and the kit comes with the extension plug, which is best hidden under the battery tray once fitted. It comes with a rubber bung to go on the crossover pipe too.

It is really easy to do, the hardest part is getting the old pipes off as they are well sealed on. Use a lighter or something to heat them up is best, although I ended up cutting two of them as they aren't needed anyway. There's a few videos on YouTube showing exactly how to fit the kit, well worth a watch before doing it I would say.

The turbo to crossover wasn't the easiest either, as you said. When I looked down, the jubilee clip at the bottom was facing away at the most awkward angle to get to it. Plus having rather large arms made it even more difficult.

I would recommend spending a few minutes to remove the scuttle panel as it makes both jobs far easier. And watch the RS Vac videos before hand so that it all makes sense.
Gaz you're a gent mate. Thank you very much for all the advice, it's much appreciated
big dave 666 is offline   Reply With Quote