Detailing World Forum banner

How far did you go today...on yer bike

358K views 2K replies 163 participants last post by  BigJimmyBovine 
#1 ·
Hi guys,

Seems we have a lot of riders on the forum so I thought I'd start a thread in which we can share our rides, how far and where

I'll start....

Did 20miles this morning from Wollaton in Nottingham over to Calverton and back it was very cold but bright and dry so I can't complain

So lets hear it, How far did you go????

:thumb:

#854 ·
Ding ding ding ding!! we have a winner!!

Fortunately no head impact though I don't think. The dents are from my hip and shoulder. Maybe the small one up top above the glass is my head but the helmet shows no signs of damage that I can see(will still be replacing obviously).

New bike choices already being made and the Art deco collection Colango concept is really catching my eye!

eTap and my Carbon wheels and I think thats going to pretty much wipe out whatever the insurance company pay out.

Got a lovely case of whiplash now too. Hurts like hell!!!:censored::censored:

#860 ·
Well done Jenks, that's a great achievement and super amount for a good cause.

Despite how much you ache now and tomorrow, I'll give a few days before you start looking for the next big ride challenge...

Dragon Ride 2018 entries opens tomorrow, just saying like.... ;)

#866 ·
Did at least 21 miles yesterday around Dalby forest for the first time.
Did part of the black run which took us back to a certain point of the red route so ended up doing around two sections twice

Basically 3.5 hours of constant pedalling so not alot of reward my my riding style

#867 ·
looking to break the 3000 mile mark this weekend.. having started cycling due to bad arthritis knees....completed run Derby to skegvegas (106 miles) and derby to cafe ventoux (123 miles) august and july.. Getting a few rides off my bucket list as i turned 50 this year year...and enjoying every minute

#868 ·
Well done on that mileage Steve, nothing like a target to motivate. I failed on my target of 2k last year so something to aim for this year.
I see you are from Mickleover, a lot of my rides take me down the A38 or the cycle path from hilton into your neck of the woods.

#870 ·
Don't blame you, its horrible out riding this time of year. That will be a nice test to start the season Jenks.

Most of my time recently has been spent on the indoor trainer. Did a Wiggle Sportive (New Year Resolutions - Aldershot) a few weeks back, only 54 miles but the conditions were cold and wet so not fun.

Signed up to do the ETape Du Dales and Dragon Ride as my two big rides this year. Need to be fit by May as a result Ive become very good friends with my indoor turbo.

#872 ·
After having done the Festive 500 over Christmas which was blimin grim, I've been using the turbo heavily since the new year, so was nice getting out yesterday, lovely weather (although def still thermals) for a quick 30km blast to bed in a few new bits.

Spring can't come quick enough for me! :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.