Detailing World Forum banner

Best action Camera under £100

14K views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  LSpec 
#1 ·
I’m after a decent action camera for some trips out.

Nothing expensive but takes half decent videos and stills. Looking £100 and under

Any reviews would be brilliant thank you :)

#4 ·
I love comments like this. People usually have a budget for a reason. The whole buy cheap buy twice mantra is usually spouted by people who have no idea about money or are selling you the product you're after!
My Tesco(technika) tv is still going strong after 5 years. The previous one from Richer Sounds that cost twice the price only lasted a week or so.
Yes there will be cheap cameras out there that are not up to the job or give satisfactory results but research correctly(which is what he's doing) and there will be options open to him plus advice of what's available slightly over his budget.

#11 ·
I've had two SJCams in the past... One a 5000 (I think) and an M10. Both very good for the price. The M10 died after a year but it had led a hard life either been in the sea in Hawaii or on the front of my bike for a year so no complaints to be fair. You get a tonne of bits and spare batteries. Def a good aption :).

#12 ·
Anyone else think, just being properly told how to use a camera creates better photos? I was told in 5 minutes how to shoot a basic still of people, by a photographer lecturer and the pictures looked 10 times better.

I would recommend going to a crash course on it, they're around £75 around me. You'll be able to get the most out of the little £100 and under cameras and take better photos than people with the big expensive DSLR's.

Probably why I'm content with my phones camera :)

#13 ·
I agree. Sometimes a talented craftsman can make a better product with poor tools than an amateur with professional tools.

A pro photographer once told me how to take pics of cars with my phone. He said zoom it as far as it will go, then stand back yourself so its in the frame as you want. The car will be sharp but the background blurry. Seemed to work for me

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.