Detailing World Forum banner

Show us your bikes (pedal)

542K views 2K replies 391 participants last post by  ridders66 
#1 ·
Ive recently re ignited my love of two wheels which has led to me hamering the crdit card for this

Also have a specialized allez road bike. So thats mine, now post yours.

See less See more
#2 ·
My Orange 5 SE

Colour Fools Gold
Fork Fox 32 TALAS RLC 100-12-140
R shock Fox Float RP23 Mojo HooDoo tuned
R Mech Shimano XTR Shadow Carbon
F Mech Shimano XT
Shifters Shimano XTR R Fire + Titanium bolt kit
ChainSet Race Face Deus XC X Type
BB RaceFace X-Type Team
Pedals DMR V12 Magnesium + Titanium grubsrews
Cassette SRAM PG990 Redwin Red
Chain SRAM PC991, SRAM Powerlink
Brakes Hope Mono Mini Pro 160/160 Carbon levers,Titanium bolt kit
Fibrax Sintered pads
Hubs Hope Pro 2
Hope QR pack
Rims Mavic XM819 UST
Spoke DT Swiss Competition S/S Black
Tyres Continental Mountain King 2.4 UST/Panaracer Cinder 2.1
Headset Hope
Stem Thomson X4 Elite
S Post Thomson Elite
Saddle Fizik Gobi XM Kium rails
Bars Easton MonkeyLite XC Carbon
Grips Strange Lockons

#5 ·
Puts my £100 Toys 'R' Us special that I use to shame, both of them.

I'm due to get a new bike soon through the cycle to work scheme as I am racking up some serious miles and it's wearing out quickly!

I do have a Specialized that I use as well but not often as that is in Sheffield and most of my time is in Hull.

#6 · (Edited)
I had an Orange 223, Giant AC and a Base SJ26 a few years ago and then I got my car, sold everything and I now work in a bike shop and couldn't resist another bike so here are a few of mine.......

My Orange when I had it a few years ago....

and all 3 bikes (all now sold)

My Lapierre Froggy 518 which I own now.

Still looks like new as ive barely had a chance to use it and I may have also fell off a few weeks ago on my 1st proper time out on it and fractured my ribs.

**In future I need to remember I havn't been on a bike in a few years and not pull on the brakes before a jump and then not get stopped in time and hit it anyway and end up with a saddle stuck in my chest**

The bike will get used sometime and I will be hitting big jumps again soon!

#9 ·
#10 ·
As said before, this is my £100 Toys 'R' Us special. It's creaking and groaning more and more and the oil just isn't working as good as it used to! But it has done 375 miles since the beginning of February so not too bad. I did upgrade the headset and bars as the others just rusted to death!

I've also got a Specialized Hard Tail. Not sure of the exact model but I bought some Megura Julie, is that the name? Still very new to MTB, hydraulic disc brakes but my fitness isn't up to much off roading yet.

#11 ·
Picked up one of these at the end of 2008 at a knock down price, last one in the shop:

Summary of spec:
A1 Premium Aluminum frame, disc only, double butted TT, ORE DT, externally relieved head tube, reinforced disc mount, forged dropouts
SR Suntour SF7-XCM-HLO Fork, with 100mm travel, lockout, abd 30mm Hi-Ten stanchions
Avid BB5 brakes, mechanical disc, 6" G2 Clean Sweep rotor
Shimano FCM-341-8 crankset, Octalink Spline, replaceable rings
Specialized/Alex HRD 26 rims, double wall disc w/ eyelets
Specialized Resolution tires, 26x2.1", 60TPI, wire bead

#12 · (Edited)
Not a brand that usually gets much positive mention, but I have done a fair few miles on this along tow paths and a bit of off road, and done te "Follow the dog" trail over Canock chase a few times too, without problem. They even built it right for me.

The additions I have made are bottle and cage, mini pump, saddle bag (to carry spare innertube, tyre levers, scab puncture patches, chain tool, multi tool and chain links) and a cateye wireless vectra computer. EDIT: and spd pedals

All in all, Im happy with it :)

#16 ·
Well heres my bike, Charge Blender, love the bike, shame it hasn't been ridden for ages but will start using it again soon. Ooh and seat isnt usually that low down, just I took these photos after spraying the rims and fitting new bits and pieces to it :thumb:

Its actually been polished with SRP and then got 2 coats of AG HD Wax on atm :lol:

#18 ·
As promised earlier. It's an awful pic as the camera on my phone is hopeless but it's a Quest winter/audax bike with full 105 compact double set up on it. Normally it wears mudguards during the winter but they were removed a couple of weeks back when the weather perked up.

Edit. Better add the pic!!! lol

#22 · (Edited)
well got this

Kinesis Maxlight frame and finished with this (builing myself and some pals

Spec

Kinesis Maxlight XC (Easton Ultralite Tubing)
EASTON EA50 seatpost
EASTON EA50 (115g) handlebars
FSA XC-170- 120mm 145g stem
Marzocchi ETA MX Comp Air 100mm Travel
Xlite Enduro Stubbie Bar Ends
Mavic Crossride Disc Wheel Set Int Standard
Ritchey WCS Truegrip Grips
Black
Shimano Deore LX (Hollowetech II) chainset
Shimano XT M765 Front And Rear Hydraulic Disc Brake System
Shimano XT RT75 180mm 6 Bolt Rotors 180mm
Shimano LX M581 Front Derailleur
Shimano LX M580 Trigger Shifters
Shimano LX M571 Rear Derailleur
Shimano PD-M505, spd Pedals
Hope front and rear Skewers Gunsmoke
Hope Aheadset Gunsmoke
Hope QR Seat Post Clamp Gunsmoke
and my other ride
another custom build

#24 ·
Ok so the MTB is a merlin Malt and the previous commuter is a trek Fx hybrid (as in this pic)

Got the bug and built this over the winter:

And I have added this to the stable last week too:

The planet x is my roadie and the tricross is my commuter (I have a 35 mile round trip to work.
Planet x was the first bike I have ever built so be gentle!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.