Detailing World Forum banner

How far did you go today...on yer bike

358K views 2K replies 163 participants last post by  BigJimmyBovine 
#1 ·
Hi guys,

Seems we have a lot of riders on the forum so I thought I'd start a thread in which we can share our rides, how far and where

I'll start....

Did 20miles this morning from Wollaton in Nottingham over to Calverton and back it was very cold but bright and dry so I can't complain

So lets hear it, How far did you go????

:thumb:

#5 ·
Yes I do but that's because it's part of my training as I race, I'd say to you if your just starting out stick with what you've got until your sure you like road riding, if you've been at it a while and like it then get a proper road bike the difference is night and day, and forget these hybrid things they are useless!!

#6 ·
Road bikes are definately better. Gear ratios are all very close meaning you get exactly the right cadence you desire. Smaller sprockets mean much faster gearchanges too. It's like driving a Range Rover instead of a Ferrari.

I did 10 miles today. First time I've been out for a couple of weeks. Last few times I've been 'out' on the turbo trainer in the garage. 45 minutes a time is just enough to not get too hot in the garage.

#19 ·
I must admit I seem to find the turbo quite enjoyable for around an hour doing a decent pace, not really tried much more than that.
I have a decent sound system, an iPod full of music and an iPad rolling some family snaps...which alleviates the boredom....might try some of these race DVD's, one came with my turbo, but not sure I like the idea to be honest.....

#29 ·
Another 20 miler on the turbo yesterday morning.
Having the cadence sensor set up on my Garmin makes a hell of a difference, allows you to target the ride a lot more.
Wanted to get out on the roads, but there was still some surface ice/slush yesterday morning, so decided that the turbo was the sensible choice.

#30 ·
I can manage up to 1hr 30mins on the turbo trainer, with resistance set approximately to flat road riding, covering just over 25 miles, but usually do 45 min stints on it.

I have an old TV and DVD player in the man cave, and watch old Tour de France footage, otherwise I wouldn't last 20mins. I suppose rollers are better than the turbo for longer indoor rides, better movement I think - not as static.

Coming back from a bout of flu at the moment and did 45 mins yesterday, quite slow though

Cheers
Mike

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.