Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Manufacturers and Private Label Brands > Manufacturers and Private Label Brands > CarPro-Cquartz
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

CarPro-Cquartz CarPro, a leader in the pro detailing market, was established in 2009 by people who love their cars. We wanted to make great car care products available to other enthusiasts. Our progressive vision and advanced technology brought coatings, such as CQuartz, to the market when it was still unknown to the Western Hemisphere. CarPro was the original creator of Nanotechnology car detailing products and continue to bring new professional car detailing products and fresh ideas to the masses. From interior coatings and cleaners to our most well-known ceramic paint coating, CQuartz, we have something for every car care need. Your car deserves the ultimate protection and we offer the products that deliver professional results.

Old 16-05-2019, 12:50 PM   #1
Bigadz
PC Perfectionist

Recent CQUK 3.0 Application

Having just prepped the whole car with Essence and allowing to cure for a couple of hours as of 4pm yesterday I have now applied CQUK. With the car garaged I did not (yet) top with Reload and allowed it cure on its own. When I checked this morning the surface is not quite a slick as I was expecting. Certainly not when compared to Essence alone was.
Is the coating still curing or is it unlikely to get as slick as say Essence or Reload?
Is there much of a benefit to still add a layer of either Reload / Elixir to get extra gloss and give me that slickness?
Bigadz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2019, 02:53 PM   #2
CarPro.UK
Carpro UK

Thanked 1,462 Times in 826 Posts
The coating alone isn't so slick, it will still be curing for the next 7 days but a coat of Elixir would offer the extreme slickness you're looking for.

The harder the coating the less slick it tends to be, so the CQUK is high solid's crystallising coating so it is the least slick in our range, with CQuartz Professional being the slickest to touch (CQuartz Finest Reserve in comparison is an epoxy silica resin hybrid coating so better stain resistance, flexibility, and durability but less slick)
CarPro.UK is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CarPro.UK For This Useful Post:
Bigadz (16-05-2019)
Old 16-05-2019, 03:03 PM   #3
Bigadz
PC Perfectionist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarPro.UK View Post
The coating alone isn't so slick, it will still be curing for the next 7 days but a coat of Elixir would offer the extreme slickness you're looking for.

The harder the coating the less slick it tends to be, so the CQUK is high solid's crystallising coating so it is the least slick in our range, with CQuartz Professional being the slickest to touch (CQuartz Finest Reserve in comparison is an epoxy silica resin hybrid coating so better stain resistance, flexibility, and durability but less slick)
Excellent explanation a reassures me that I haven't applied incorrectly as well then.
So either Reload or Elixir will give me the finishing touch I want for slickness and max gloss. The car is still inside so I'll prob go Reload then just maintain with Elixir from then on. Visually I guess there isn't much in it between the two anyway just Elixir being easy as any anything to apply vs Reload having more durability but a little more fussy to apply?
Old 17-05-2019, 12:40 PM   #4
Fatboy40
Washmitt Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarPro.UK View Post
... a coat of Elixir would offer the extreme slickness you're looking for.
So Elixir would actually feel slicker than Reload?
Fatboy40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2019, 02:07 PM   #5
Bigadz
PC Perfectionist

Well Reload went on top easy as anything last night, prob because it had had full prep its easier to apply. Very slick as well.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/Buyv28b55Hfev4qEA
Old 22-05-2019, 11:21 AM   #6
CarPro.UK
Carpro UK

Thanked 1,462 Times in 826 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigadz View Post
Excellent explanation a reassures me that I haven't applied incorrectly as well then.
So either Reload or Elixir will give me the finishing touch I want for slickness and max gloss. The car is still inside so I'll prob go Reload then just maintain with Elixir from then on. Visually I guess there isn't much in it between the two anyway just Elixir being easy as any anything to apply vs Reload having more durability but a little more fussy to apply?
Application wise is roughly the same, the main differences being reload more durable but elixir a tiny amount slicker and more hydrophobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatboy40 View Post
So Elixir would actually feel slicker than Reload?
It's marginal but in my opinion yes it's slicker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigadz View Post
Well Reload went on top easy as anything last night, prob because it had had full prep its easier to apply. Very slick as well.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/Buyv28b55Hfev4qEA
Excellent
CarPro.UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2019, 12:01 PM   #7
Fatboy40
Washmitt Meister

Thanks for the reply.

I'll be buying Reload at the weekend (payday!) and it's the first CarPro product I'll have bought so it was a toss up between this and Elixir.
Fatboy40 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Fatboy40 For This Useful Post:
CarPro.UK (23-05-2019)