Detailing World Forum banner

Has anyone ever used one of these.....

3K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  dchapman88 
#1 ·
.....Or similar
A friend has asked me to remove some old stripes off their car
They don't look in good condition, all cracked and sun damaged etc

Anyway there is a fair amount to do so assumed one of these wheels would be the best idea instead of heat to remove them as I fear with the car being 13 years old and not particularly well looked after (by our standards)
I've seen a few YouTube videos on similar product and it looks so easy

Anyone with any first hand experience?!
Thanks

D

See less See more
#4 ·
No, but I've seen one used in a body shop - it is very effective on large areas. The person using it told me you had to be very careful to keep the wheel perpendicular to the stripe to avoid marring and to avoid heat build up which can be quite rapid. He was running the disc at low speed, and moving the disc over the surface quite fast and would return to cover any stripe missed rather than linger in an area...

FWIW, on small coachlines, I have never had any problem just using a hair dryer, a thin edged trim blade (as used for pushing air pockets out from film/stickers) and normal liquid adhesive remover - the stuff you clean off price sticker residue with.

Peter

#5 ·
Not used one, but have removed stripes from wife’s old Fiesta some years back with a hairdryer and a plastic tool to aid removal - last year I did this to remove some sticky backing that was left when removing a badge from car and used a 1mm green window packer along, followed with by tar / adhesive remover...

Good luck and hope you manage to remove :thumb:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.