Detailing World Forum banner

Envy Valeting Paint Correction BMW 540 Touring

8K views 23 replies 15 participants last post by  Envy Car Care 
#1 ·
This car was detailed by me in May and yesterday I returned upon the owners request for paint correction.
Some befores:

I was warned about the strength of suck on the Kranzle, and here is my hose being sucked off by it!

All washed by 07.30

Here is what we are dealing with:

Respray?!

Now to save time some of the lighter scratches I knew I could get out I wet sanded with the PC:

Ready for action:

Started with the resprayed rear 1/4 and with one pass of Mystique and a Megs buffing pad on the Metabo got this:

Well pleased but knew this would not be typical of the whole car, if only! Moved onto the roof rail section and this was a lot tougher and IP was used, here it is after 1 pass, improved but more needed

Here is the bonnet half done (right half;))

View of a sanded section treated with 1 blast of powergloss on the cutting pad. The bonnet was very tough paint

Getting good results, no lsp just polished

Before clean up, note dust etc!

Paint correction is a messy job

You use a lot of gear! This car no panel needed the same products.

When it all comes together though and its cleaned up....(sorry about the distorted bit on the bonnet..my 1st go with it and overwote the pic:p)

Applied a coat of Swissvax Saphir, my favorite all rounder

Total time on the car 10.5 hrs........

Coming next week (weather permitting), The Zebra car

Thanks for looking

Tim

See less See more
#12 ·
Thankyou very much

Tim - looks like a tough job but a great result :thumb:

have you improved your technique since you first tackled that Scooby then :p

PS Gaz - when's you're next write up? ;)
Thanks Damon:D
BMW was a big job, 2 days would have been better.
If that had been me I would be ashamed Scooby wise.The owner doesnt even want to drive it:mad: He came over and said can you do anything about the tiger stripes...yeah man, thats my job;)
Gonna be so much better after:buffer:

#20 ·
great job there mate:thumb:
Excellent work Tim, i appreciate how damn big those beasts are as my heart sinks when i get one. In one day that was some serious going to achieve those results. Looking forward to seeing the Scooby:thumb:
Cheers guys:thumb: Just been to have another look at the Scoob...know your enemy!

#19 ·
Excellent work Tim, i appreciate how damn big those beasts are as my heart sinks when i get one. In one day that was some serious going to achieve those results. Looking forward to seeing the Scooby:thumb:

Reactions: Envy Car Care
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.