Detailing World Forum banner

Ferrari 246 DinoGT vs Envy Valeting

11K views 45 replies 33 participants last post by  Envy Car Care 
#1 ·
A 1st for DW as far as I can tell:thumb:

Was booked in for a while but a cancellation meant I was able to bring this forwards to Sunday/Monday and a long trip to Bolton:driver:
The car was to be prepped as its going to be auctioned at Goodwood FOS (but not possible for me to do the work down south) on the Friday and needed to be as good as possible, but no paint correction as it'd be the new owner getting the full benefit.

The car has been in the family for all of its life, and been 1 owner from new. Quite an achievement.
Washing was via the usual method, wheels 1st then body. Jet wash died on me and this made life interesting.

Claying was carried out with QF and poly clay, but I seem to be having a bad run of clay..

Weather was an issue

Originally I was PC'ing the car outside with Swissvax CF normal, but with the tropical monsoon season upon me I moved indoors to complete the task.

I pretty much spent most of day 1 getting the paint as perfect as posible and the wax choice was obvious...Swissvax Scuderia. I applied 1 coat during the day and buffed off after an hour, then re-applied another coat and this was going to be left on overnight.
6pm headed to my hotel in Chorley to discover on the local news we'd had a tornado!!!!!

Day 2

Tidying up exterior, chrome bumpers, glass, engine bay, boot and bonnet...

2nd coat of wax was left on overnight

Bumper 50/50 attempt

Lights were cleaned up of old polish residue and looked a lot better for it

One of my favorites

By now the transport had arrived and it was time to load it up.....nerve racking to say the least

I was especially pleased that the transporter driver thought it was a completely different car and just stood there with his mouth open shaking his head, a better compliment? Not that day!
This was a real joy to work on, and nice to do something totally different. Bring on the next one:)

Total work time 15hrs, thought day 2 I would have liked a little longer really...

Thanks for looking

Tim

ps will see the car again thie Friday at the Bonhams auction at Goodwood.

See less See more
#7 · (Edited)
Fantastic job, 27/8 years one owner must be like cutting a leg off getting rid. Lovely Cromodras wheels. Is the Ferrari badge on the engine cover original?, I was always lead to believe it was never considered a real ferrari (only being a V6 and something to do with Alfredino being born out of wedlock) may all be bs btw

#11 ·
I dont know about the badge, looks genuine to me but no idea if "original" or not?

One of the most beautiful Ferrari's of all time!
Beautiful job to mate, you did it justice.

I'm off to goodwood FOS this weekend don't think I could afford it though.
Estimate of ~£80k if I remember correctly?! A beautiful car indeed.

One of my favourite cars of all time! :D Tremendous work and nice attention to detail! :thumb:

I hope it goes to a caring new owner! :)

Alan W
Cheers Alan, and so do I..

#26 ·
tony curtis in the persuaders:cool::cool::cool::cool: loving that,our subbie bodyshop have one in stripped to bare metal,horrendous build quality all lead loaded panels,weak door hinges,so the doors won't align properly,the panel beater was going ballistic,the chap paid £70k for it and spent another £50k restoring it and realises he won't get his money back, but does not care,well done tim, great photos :thumb::thumb:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.