Detailing World Forum banner

Envy Valeting Vs VW Golf Edition 30 in Tornado Red

11K views 26 replies 22 participants last post by  MK1Campaign 
#1 ·
I love these cars so was thrilled to get another one booked. Sadly the 1st date was a wash out but today I got my hands on it:argie:

A selection of befores:
Wheels soaking with AS Smart wheels

Now as per usual I started early to avoid the sun and the dreaded water marks and soaked the wheels with AS smart wheels the got out the Envy wheel brushes and the EZ detail brush and they came up a treat.
The car was then washed using Dodo Juice BTBM and Z sponge and the grit guards, rinsed and dried using re-glaze to help reduce the risk of water marks.

The car was then clayed with poly clay as the paint felt slightly rough, though nothing really bad got into the clay, it certainly felt a lot lot smoother after.

Here she is washed and clayed, and ready for the pre wax cleanser

As the paint is in pretty good nick the car was prepared by PC with a finishing pad and Lime Prime lite was my favoured concoction, spread at speed 2 then worked at speed 5.
Here is a panel with the LPL applied but not buffed off

This process was repeated around the whole car and she was left looking like this:

Next up I was ready to apply the wax and I'd decided on Dodo Juice Supernatural as it'd done such a great job on the Alfa last week.
Here it is applied to the bonnet:

And the offside:

It was at this point my host treated me to lunch and I took the time to allow the wax to cure. Suitably refreshed it was time to dress tyres, clean external glass, polish exhaust tips and so on.
After an hour or so I buffed off the SN. The car now looked great, amazing in fact.
Moving on it was interior time with my mate Henry, some water on an MF and Espuma Dasheen to clean and dress plastics. Internal glass too was cleaned including vanity mirrors.

Afters time:

I hope you like the pics:p

Tim

See less See more
#4 ·
Nice work Tim..... and lunch as well:wall:

Personally i dont like red cars but that has certainly benefitted from the envy touch and glossed up a treat:thumb:

#18 ·
Slightly OT for which I apologise, but why do the red cars seem to suffer a lot more in the write ups from jpeg artefacting??
Thanks for the praise:thumb: Not sure what meant by artefacting I'm afraid:(

:argie:stunning as always - love the bbs style alloys too, how do you rate the BTBM shampoo? :)
BTBM is a great shampoo for the money. I'd say it compares favourably to both Swissvax and the Z brand, but for less money.
A little goes a long way and its very lubricious (to quote Dodo Dom) or damn slippery to you and me:lol:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.