Detailing World Forum banner

Envy Valeting vs VW Golf R32 Protection detail

8K views 12 replies 12 participants last post by  N8KOW 
#1 ·
1st off thanks to Sakso DW forum member for booking this detail with me on behalf of his FIL, sorry you couldnt make it in the end:(
Lovely Golf (have a real soft spot for Golfs in case you'd not noticed) R32 being prepped for sale so if you want a stunning low mileage R32 get in touch with Sasko and he'll hook you up! Protection detail booked to make the car look presentable to prospective punters.

Washed in the usual MO ie wheels, activo tfr, rinse, wash with TBM etc etc. Dry.

Stunning colour in the sun

Normally after the washing its time to hit the clay, BUT I have never ever seen so such tar on a car (discussed this with the owner later...) and I decided to give the whole car a wipe down with AS tardis as it really was that bad. It was everywhere.
Once this was done, on with the polyclay and back on schedule:thumb:

Today as we were looking to make the car look great for a potential sale (but not on a paint correction budget) I decided to use Dodo Juice Lime Prime to knock the swirls back a touch via the PC. I estimate that it reduced the swirls by 50%.

Bonnet cleansed

Process repeated round the whole car, and a generous coat of wax was added panel by panel

Roof cleansed

and waxed with the best Dodo have to offer, Supernatural! I have to say the combo offered by the LP followed by the SN made the wax application soo soo smooth, it went on a treat.

Now SN takes a little longer to cure than lesser waxes, so I busied myself doing glass (espuma Vue), tail pipes (autosol are fine wire wool), plastics and other exterior sundries before I buffed off the wax.

Inside the car Henry did his thing, leather and plastics were wiped down and cleansed. Plastics were dressed with Espuma Dasheen, leather conditioned the Zaino z10. Interior glass cleaned.

Suitably happy with the interior it was time to buff off the wax and see what we were left with....some afters..

Now this car surprised me. I pretty much know how long a Golf will take me, BUT this one took 1.5hrs longer than I'd expect! Was it the pressure of knowing it may be scrutinised by a DW member? Then I remembered..the TAR! Turns out the owners had been abroad to 40+ temperatures and the roads were everso sticky, hence the splattered car and this was why it took me so much longer.
Just finished packing up the van and the proud owners/vendors returned. Perfect.

Thanks for looking

Tim

See less See more
#3 ·
Very nice indeed. I think people sometimes underestimate what can be achieved with The combo of LP and SN. Still one of my favourites to date. Definitely wont have trouble selling that

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.