Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Lifestyle > The Tech & Gadget Zone
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

The Tech & Gadget Zone Gadgety, Techy or even a Techy Gadget! Stick a post in here! Sponsored by SlimsDetailing - inspired by anybody who has a car they love and care for

Old 12-06-2020, 10:20 AM   #1
Derekh929
Distinguished Detailer

Thanked 6,252 Times in 5,043 Posts
Wifi AirPrint Printers

Ok current have wifi printer that is not airprint, and as have ipads iphones and MacBook pro in house hold not handy at all its an old canon MG6150 that works fine if printed from app on desktop otherwise a pain.

So was looking at other options out there with reasonable in costs for split between colour and black and white not huge amounts as have mono office printer as well.

Looking to need colour with good scanner and good app for printing from phone and ipad etc, I don't want to spend more that £120, and I seen the HP Officejet pro 9015 with £50 cash back and about a 1000 pages printing with ink supplied so costing about £80 after CB.
I'm not after a great one for printing pictures as will keep the canon for that and put this one in downstairs cupboard.

Anyone use the app on the same HP range as that the pro 9015? as that's where I thought was best with good scanner, I don't need fax as have eFax system in office, copy option would be handy, but the canon has that as well.

Any suggestions welcome even far smaller portable type ones may do as well, there are so many out there to choose as well, and great connection to printer from mobile devices a must TIA
Derekh929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2020, 02:28 PM   #2
griffin1907
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

I use an HP2540 all in one with the HP Smart App. Using the app allows me to print in draft mode direct from my Amazon Fire or iPhone.

It's possibly a bit basic for your requirements - however it prints, scans & copies, which is all I need a printer to do to be honest.

Hope this helps
griffin1907 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2020, 02:41 PM   #3
Andy from Sandy

When I setup my HP printer there was an option to create a website from the printer. From that I can print to it from anywhere I can get an internet connection.
Andy from Sandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2020, 07:54 AM   #4
Will_G

Garage
Send a message via AIM to Will_G Send a message via MSN to Will_G Send a message via Skype™ to Will_G
Derek,
I’ve got the officejet 5740 and use the hp smart app. Easy to print to either using AirPrint from the phone or through the network using a laptop. It comes with a document feeder which is handy for scanning multiple pages. Again both work easily on either phone or laptop using the hp smart app
Will_G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2020, 09:13 AM   #5
Caledoniandream

Thanked 1,082 Times in 756 Posts
Use a portable Hp 200 with HP Smart, does a splendid job.
Mostly link it to the internet and print via internet, anywhere in the building.
But I can also direct print, as it is portable, has his own battery, it is much more versatile, I print a lot in the car with it.
Don’t use a normal scanner anymore, either use MS Office Lens, HP Smart, and I have an Adobe app on my iPhone where I can scan and create PDF, easier and portable.
Caledoniandream is offline   Reply With Quote