Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Gallery > The Studio
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

The Studio The place the Detailing World Supporters display their work for viewing : This is a subscription section you will need to go to your userCP (top left of the page) and select Paid Subscriptions for more information.

Old 03-11-2019, 12:38 PM   #11
Walesy.
PC Perfectionist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derekh929 View Post
This is the sort of thing that means people buy the wrong cars? I assume you ain’t driven them both back to back to compare them both? Modern VW are not so good inside as they used to Be INHO the Koreans have caught up and passed VW in many areas.
People buy lifestyles and badges not always the best car for them, I take a year to decide on new motors , I have to say well done Kia and Hyundai I have had a good bore about the i30n but still need a drive in one.
The interior was way better than in my wife’s Seat she had a few years back though

110%

The VW's of today are just bland. I was in VW with my mothers VW Up! a few months back and they had the 'All new' VW T Roc, exciting eh?

So I had a wander round to try and appreciate the outside, very nice indeed...lights, proportions were all spot on imo.
Inside, cheap and nasty..complete plastic dash with hard touch materials, door cards same. It felt like a big budget car inside. I like soft touch materials, especially on the top half of a dash.

As I was wandering, the sales guy (who I know) came up to me and I actually said to him, if it was a choice of this or the Kia Sportage...the Sportage would be on the drive, for circa £10k less.

Mrs Walesy's parents bought a Hyundai Kona, seriously nice car inside and out, although the dash materials are not great, but on a par with the afore-mentioned T-ROC. They bought it 6 months old for under £16k I believe, and its loaded with equipment, adaptive cruise, rear camera, parking assist, lane departure warning/guidance etc. The alloy wheels are machine finished, they have lasted better that my 5 series 2 sets.

Korean cars have came along way, I am pretty sure there was a Kia Stinger on here...it just looked superb and I believe its a great drive, sadly I have not driven one.
Walesy. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 02:51 PM   #12
pt1
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Soft spot for the i130N

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk
pt1 is offline   Reply With Quote