Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Detailing Products > Tools -Machine polishers, Pressure Washers, Detailing Equipment & Microfiber
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Tools -Machine polishers, Pressure Washers, Detailing Equipment & Microfiber Sponsored by Detailed Clean : – 303 | 3M | Auto Finesse | Bilt Hamber | Blackfire | Black Mamba | Bouncer's | Britemax | California Scents | CarPro | Chemical Guys | Collinite | Crakalicious | Dakota Products | Dodo Juice | G3 Pro | Gtechniq | Koch Chemie | Lake Country | Meguiars | Menzerna | Muc-Off | Nanolex | OPT | Pinnacle | Poorboys World | Rupes | Sam's Detailing | Scholl Concepts | Soft99 | Sonax | Sonus | Stoner | Valet Pro | Victoria Wax | Wolfgang | Zaino | e-Gift Certificates | Trade Accounts | www.DetailedClean.co.uk

Old 06-08-2019, 10:35 PM   #1
milu316
Unwashed Member

Hozelock 5l pressure sprayer standard vs plus

I am going to be purchasing one of these for applying TFR. is the plus version worth the extra over the standard, I cant decide.

Does anyone have both?
milu316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2019, 10:48 PM   #2
fatdazza
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Thanked 1,974 Times in 1,404 Posts
I'm sure people will come on and say "I've been using one for xxx years with no problem", but be aware that the seals on these are not designed for a strong alkali (which TFRs tend to be). They will work, but be prepared for earlier failure.
fatdazza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 05:25 AM   #3
galamaa
Washmitt Meister

Buy kwazar black edition and you are working long time.
galamaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 08:13 AM   #4
nbray67

Thanked 2,643 Times in 1,916 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatdazza View Post
I'm sure people will come on and say "I've been using one for xxx years with no problem", but be aware that the seals on these are not designed for a strong alkali (which TFRs tend to be). They will work, but be prepared for earlier failure.
Well, I'm one of those who've used one for years with nothing but Powermaxed TFR run through it for the last 4yrs plus with no issues with seals degrading at all. It also stands for weeks on end with a TFR mix still in it as I never use the whole lot during my pre-wash.

As for the original question, the 'Plus' version has a stable base and the trigger can be locked for continual spraying.

I have the 5ltr normal one and find it stands up with no issues and I have no real need for the locking trigger.

I also have a 7ltr plus sprayer that I'm yet to use as I bought it some time ago to replace the 5ltr one when it does finally give up the ghost, no sign of that at all just yet.

A point to note milu316, the 5ltr holds 3ltrs of product with 2ltr for the air, same with the 7ltr, 5ltr of product and 2ltr of air in order to maintain the air pressure in them when pumped up.
nbray67 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to nbray67 For This Useful Post:
trv8 (09-08-2019)
Old 07-08-2019, 11:17 AM   #5
mokkaman
Washmitt Meister

Garage
Hi.Even if you buy any of above pressure sprsyers the 0-rings are ready available and cost pennies.So if they fail after a couple of years replace th e0 ring and away you again.Hope this helps.Cheers Andy
mokkaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 12:47 PM   #6
Andy from Sandy

Quote:
A point to note milu316, the 5ltr holds 3ltrs of product with 2ltr for the air, same with the 7ltr, 5ltr of product and 2ltr of air in order to maintain the air pressure in them when pumped up.
A point I didn't know about when I got my 5ltr sprayer but as I only need 3 ltrs of to perform a pre wash it has worked out fine.
Andy from Sandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 10:14 PM   #7
milu316
Unwashed Member

I went with the plus in the end. If it lasts 3 years I'll be happy. I plan on storing nothing but TFR in it.

The standard one looks more petite but I like the idea of the coil wrapping around the base on the plus along with somewhere to store the lance when not in use, probably not worth the extra £8 though to be fair.
milu316 is offline   Reply With Quote