Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Detailing Products > Pre-wash stages, Washing, Drying, Clay & 'Quick Detailing'
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Pre-wash stages, Washing, Drying, Clay & 'Quick Detailing' Sponsored by Ultimate Finish. Suppliers of high quality detailing products including Swissvax, Gtechniq, Specialised Covers, Dodo Juice, R222, Bilt-Hamber, Meguiars, 3M, Aqua Gleam and more. Loyalty Scheme for returning customers. www.TheUltimateFinish.co.uk

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2019, 05:19 PM   #21
westerman
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)
 
westerman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Lincolnshire
Posts: 1,159
Thanks: 469
Thanked 457 Times in 263 Posts
I'll be 80 next Birthday (April). Now that qualifies me to do what I want with my own car

I'd love to be able to polish it as I used to and occasionally I do have a go, but if I can't, I like the 'smooth as a babies bottom' feel I get from claying prior to adding a wax or seal.

We may not all be perfect but I'd hate not to be able to enjoy what I do and fortunately I still enjoy doing my car and sometimes friends and family.

Harry
westerman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to westerman For This Useful Post:
Cookies (10-08-2019), Itstony (11-08-2019), Kristian87 (10-08-2019), rob267 (10-08-2019)
Old 10-08-2019, 05:38 PM   #22
Kristian87
Sponge Jockey
 
Kristian87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Posts: 70
Thanks: 27
Thanked 46 Times in 29 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by westerman View Post
I'll be 80 next Birthday (April). Now that qualifies me to do what I want with my own car

I'd love to be able to polish it as I used to and occasionally I do have a go, but if I can't, I like the 'smooth as a babies bottom' feel I get from claying prior to adding a wax or seal.

We may not all be perfect but I'd hate not to be able to enjoy what I do and fortunately I still enjoy doing my car and sometimes friends and family.

Harry
Good on ya Harry! Hope i’m still washing cars and enjoying them when i’m 80
Kristian87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 07:40 PM   #23
westerman
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)
 
westerman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Lincolnshire
Posts: 1,159
Thanks: 469
Thanked 457 Times in 263 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristian87 View Post
Good on ya Harry! Hope i’m still washing cars and enjoying them when i’m 80
Cheers mate. I only mention it really because there are many reasons people can't detail professionally. Some need guidance( in the case of the OP) and some are not physically able, but it's good we can all enjoy this site and benefit from it ??


Harry
westerman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to westerman For This Useful Post:
Cookies (10-08-2019)
Old 10-08-2019, 07:52 PM   #24
Cookies
Distinguished Detailer + Dw Reviewer
 
Cookies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: County Down
Posts: 7,530
Thanks: 13,324
Thanked 5,988 Times in 4,226 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by westerman View Post
Cheers mate. I only mention it really because there are many reasons people can't detail professionally. Some need guidance( in the case of the OP) and some are not physically able, but it's good we can all enjoy this site and benefit from it ??





Harry
Perfectly put, Harry. There are loads of products available in the form of glazes with oodles of fillers that will definitely help the OP.

I've taken many, many shortcuts over the years. Some worked, some didnt, but I've learned from each and every occasion and now I can take shortcuts and have a fair idea what the outcome will be like. Lol

Time, health, money, equipment can all be factors in deciding what you do. Basically, work away.

Juat thinking it might have been easier if youd asked for recommendations for a filler heavy glaze...... lol.

Best of luck.

Cooks

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Cookies is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cookies For This Useful Post:
Kristian87 (10-08-2019), westerman (10-08-2019)
Old 10-08-2019, 07:53 PM   #25
Cookies
Distinguished Detailer + Dw Reviewer
 
Cookies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: County Down
Posts: 7,530
Thanks: 13,324
Thanked 5,988 Times in 4,226 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by westerman View Post
I'll be 80 next Birthday (April). Now that qualifies me to do what I want with my own car
Fair play to you harry!!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Cookies is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Cookies For This Useful Post:
westerman (10-08-2019)
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 10:12 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
DTO Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

vB.Sponsors
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
DTO Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

vB.Sponsors