Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Detailing Products > Tools -Machine polishers, Pressure Washers, Detailing Equipment & Microfiber
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Tools -Machine polishers, Pressure Washers, Detailing Equipment & Microfiber Sponsored by Detailed Clean : – 303 | 3M | Auto Finesse | Bilt Hamber | Blackfire | Black Mamba | Bouncer's | Britemax | California Scents | CarPro | Chemical Guys | Collinite | Crakalicious | Dakota Products | Dodo Juice | G3 Pro | Gtechniq | Koch Chemie | Lake Country | Meguiars | Menzerna | Muc-Off | Nanolex | OPT | Pinnacle | Poorboys World | Rupes | Sam's Detailing | Scholl Concepts | Soft99 | Sonax | Sonus | Stoner | Valet Pro | Victoria Wax | Wolfgang | Zaino | e-Gift Certificates | Trade Accounts | www.DetailedClean.co.uk

Old 16-08-2019, 11:16 AM   #1
Soul boy 68
DW's car of the day man & Moderator

Thanked 7,025 Times in 4,755 Posts
Garage
Flex car dryer.

I'm thinking of saving up my pennies to purchase the Cordless Flex car dryer from Clean 'N' Shiny. Anyone have one of these machines and are they good? It will certainly come in handy, especially with the type of weather we are experiencing at present, will save me time in plugging in the Metro Vac after every down poor.
Soul boy 68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2019, 11:26 AM   #2
Andy from Sandy
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

https://www.autogeekonline.net/forum...-phillips.html
Andy from Sandy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Andy from Sandy For This Useful Post:
Soul boy 68 (16-08-2019)
Old 16-08-2019, 12:17 PM   #3
Soul boy 68

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy from Sandy View Post
Thanks Andy, but I'm hoping members on here have one so they can post their opinions too. Does seem like a good piece of kit.
Old 16-08-2019, 05:53 PM   #4
Alan W
Distinguished Detailer

Thanked 2,940 Times in 2,250 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul boy 68 View Post
........... I'm hoping members on here have one so they can post their opinions too.
I’ve been using a similar cordless bower, a Makita BUB182 (now DUB182Z), for around 8 years now.

I already had a few Makita cordless power tools and therefore had the charger and a few batteries so buying a blower ‘body only’ was a relatively cheap purchase at £50.

If you have a good LSP and sheet the water off with an open hose first there’s not much to blow off the body. However, where the blower really comes into its own is blowing water from grilles, mirrors, wheels etc. I wouldn't be without mine and you can almost achieve 'touchless' drying that considerably reduces the risk of inducing marring from a drying towel.

You can even blow fluffy snow off the roof and windows in winter time!

Hope that helps SB.

Alan W
Alan W is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Alan W For This Useful Post:
Soul boy 68 (16-08-2019)
Old 16-08-2019, 06:09 PM   #5
Soul boy 68

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan W View Post
I’ve been using a similar cordless bower, a Makita BUB182 (now DUB182Z), for around 8 years now.

I already had a few Makita cordless power tools and therefore had the charger and a few batteries so buying a blower ‘body only’ was a relatively cheap purchase at £50.

If you have a good LSP and sheet the water off with an open hose first there’s not much to blow off the body. However, where the blower really comes into its own is blowing water from grilles, mirrors, wheels etc. I wouldn't be without mine and you can almost achieve 'touchless' drying that considerably reduces the risk of inducing marring from a drying towel.

You can even blow fluffy snow off the roof and windows in winter time!

Hope that helps SB.

Alan W
Your comments help immensely Alan, seems like a good plan to save up, will certainly come in handy after rainfall, just grab the unit and dry away. Thank you.
The Following User Says Thank You to Soul boy 68 For This Useful Post:
Alan W (16-08-2019)