Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Detailing Products > Tools -Machine polishers, Pressure Washers, Detailing Equipment & Microfiber
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Tools -Machine polishers, Pressure Washers, Detailing Equipment & Microfiber Sponsored by Detailed Clean : – 303 | 3M | Auto Finesse | Bilt Hamber | Blackfire | Black Mamba | Bouncer's | Britemax | California Scents | CarPro | Chemical Guys | Collinite | Crakalicious | Dakota Products | Dodo Juice | G3 Pro | Gtechniq | Koch Chemie | Lake Country | Meguiars | Menzerna | Muc-Off | Nanolex | OPT | Pinnacle | Poorboys World | Rupes | Sam's Detailing | Scholl Concepts | Soft99 | Sonax | Sonus | Stoner | Valet Pro | Victoria Wax | Wolfgang | Zaino | e-Gift Certificates | Trade Accounts | www.DetailedClean.co.uk

Old 28-04-2021, 10:10 AM   #1
Elvis1977
Unwashed Member

AVA of Norway

Hi all,

Anyone have any experience of the new Ava of Norway Master P80 pressure washer/car cleaning officer available to us?

How does it compare to your previous pressure washers?

My concern is the longevity of the brand in the UK, as I understand it they are very new and if any warranty concerns arise in the next few years, how will the service compare?

Also, is anyone aware whether the aforementioned machine is capable of sucking water rather than being supplied from the mains?

Many thanks,
Elvis
Elvis1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2021, 10:15 AM   #2
Titanium Htail
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Thanked 1,139 Times in 995 Posts
Garage
You may be better with a known brand, if you pay postage you may have to sell your house...

Spares and service may be an issue, so for me Karcher Nilfisk of even Bosch.

John Tht.
Titanium Htail is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2021, 10:32 AM   #3
Elvis1977
Unwashed Member

You make a very good point John.

I have two other options open to me in my mind, I will only be using the pressure washer for cleaning cars as I’m lucky enough to have a professional grade petrol pressure washer for the more arduous tasks, however, that is far too powerful, time consuming and expensive (fuel) to use for washing the cars.

1. Buy a Karcher K4 from either Argos or Curry’s and take out there breakdown cover which will give me ‘hassle free’ pressure washing for 4+ years. Any issues with the machine then take straight back to store. I have very good experience with Argos who will typically just provide a replacement on the spot. I can then buy an adaptor for the machine to use my own gun/hose.

2. I’ve been offered a brand new Kranzle 2160 tst from a Kranzle approved dealer/service centre for £950. 2 years warranty but will require yearly servicing/ maintenance and after the 2 years you are on your own. This machine is nearly 5 times more expensive than the Karcher but it provides better build quality, a hose reel and considerable more power 11 lpm compared to 7lpm.

Decisions, decisions, decisions...
Elvis1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2021, 10:47 AM   #4
Titanium Htail

Thanked 1,139 Times in 995 Posts
Garage
Elvis, we have a Kranzle group buy in her plus discount code if that helps.

People buy big machines when this is car detailing not concrete washing, Kranzle suppliers have pages on Insta as well.

I am not saying the review if the AVA are not good but they all had Swedish names, every brand deserves a chance they may have excellent UK based service options.

Good luck in your decision making if it is for business use a bigger machine nay be more reliable plus they do say buy the best you can afford, to help with longevity or even reliability.

As you say, you can buy a lifetime of K2 cheaper, my K2 lasted 10 years, so you would be 140 by the time the guarantee ran out...lol

Good luck Elvis...rock on..

Last edited by Titanium Htail; 28-04-2021 at 10:51 AM.
Titanium Htail is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2021, 12:02 PM   #5
AndyN01

Thanked 1,217 Times in 883 Posts
Garage
If you're looking for warranty I'd go with AVA.

Yes, they're new so a bit of an unknown but anyone who puts it out into the public domain that they're looking at up to 20 years warranty has got to be worth a look.

And it's coming from Norway not the Far East .

The K4 is a 130 bar, 430 litres/hour machine with an 1800W water cooled induction motor and is about £200

For the same money you could have a GO P55 limited edition (which is £349 without the DW discount ) and gives 140 bar, 450 litres/hour and a 2000W motor along with an 8m steel reinforced hose and a few other goodies I think. So more pressure, more flow and a bigger motor.

For that money it's a no brainer for me.

It'll be interesting to see what Mat makes of the one he's got on test.

As for the Kranzle that's in a whole different league with a whole different price . And, sadly, I've been put off them for life after this thread: https://www.detailingworld.co.uk/for...d.php?t=423832

How does it stack up against the AVA Master P80 (which is the one I'm looking at)?

The AVA has 160 bar, 600 litres/hour and a 2800W motor

The Kranzle has 160 bar (max), 630 litres/hour and a 3200W motor but is over twice the price with our discount.

Good Luck whatever you go for.

Andy.

Last edited by AndyN01; 28-04-2021 at 12:23 PM.
AndyN01 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to AndyN01 For This Useful Post:
RandomlySet (28-04-2021)
Old 28-04-2021, 01:46 PM   #6
SuperchargedLlama
DW Supporter

Garage
There's a DW discount with AVA too I believe.

https://www.youtube.com/superchargedllama
SuperchargedLlama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2021, 02:05 PM   #7
GeeWhizRS

Thanked 1,176 Times in 781 Posts
Garage
My understanding is that AVA of Norway is a new company. Any warranty would be tied to that company. If they have an exit strategy in say 5 years and they sell to say, Karcher, then I'm not sure any warranty would be tranferrable.
They say for the warranty you need to carry out servicing in accordance with their schedule - has anyone actually seen any videos of the service work required and what needs replacing? I looked on their website but couldn't spot anything relating to this.
GeeWhizRS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2021, 02:33 PM   #8
GSB1
Sponge Jockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeeWhizRS View Post
My understanding is that AVA of Norway is a new company. Any warranty would be tied to that company. If they have an exit strategy in say 5 years and they sell to say, Karcher, then I'm not sure any warranty would be tranferrable.

They say for the warranty you need to carry out servicing in accordance with their schedule - has anyone actually seen any videos of the service work required and what needs replacing? I looked on their website but couldn't spot anything relating to this.
There are such videos of the procedures, under the support section.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk
GSB1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GSB1 For This Useful Post:
GeeWhizRS (28-04-2021)
Old 28-04-2021, 02:44 PM   #9
GSB1
Sponge Jockey

I am in the market for a new washer. My Karcher K2 is 12 years old and a bit tired.

I was going to spend £199 on Karcher K5 Compact, maybe less if I time it right.

I looked at Kranzle, but would rather buy a Karcher K5 at under half the money and buy a second one if it fails outside of the 4 year warranty (3+1 if purchased from official dealer).

But the Ava Master P60 has me hooked and I will order as soon as thier UK stock lands (tomorrow I think).

For £100 more than I was going to spend I get a superior 4 valve metal pump machine, superior hose on a reel, a gun with a swiveling hose, a gun which can be short or long, 2 x foam lances, a dedicated 40 degree nozel, underbody lance and so on.

Realistic worst case Ava drop out of UK market and I have pay shipping on service parts in 5 years. Given their presence in Norway and Germany I don't see them disappearing, but even if they do I have a hunch the machine will outlast the Karcher. And all the attachments and lances have the Karcher fitting. So if I am proven wrong and have to revert, not a total loss.

I am cautious by nature, but I am sold on this. The machines look great and just the upgrade I was looking for.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to GSB1 For This Useful Post:
AndyN01 (29-04-2021), RandomlySet (28-04-2021), RS3 (28-04-2021), SuperchargedLlama (28-04-2021)
Old 28-04-2021, 07:51 PM   #10
GSB1
Sponge Jockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvis1977 View Post

Also, is anyone aware whether the aforementioned machine is capable of sucking water rather than being supplied from the mains?

Many thanks,

Elvis

Ava sell a self priming supply hose with check valve and filter, for this purpose I think.