Detailing World Forum banner

AutoGlym Product Range

6K views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  tarbyonline 
#1 ·
Hello all!

I am new to this forum so apologies if this is being posted in the wrong section. Requesting any moderators to please help guide me if it is the case.

So, recently my boss bought over a detailing shop and has handed the entire stock room to me to figure out. Its a massive load of AutoGlym products, but it is a tad confusing for me.

So I have a whole line of progressively finer abrasives that are labeled 04B, 03B, and 02B. These are from the body shop line of products. So these I understand are progressively finer, but then I also have the AutoGlym Paint Renovator (Green label white bottle), and Autoglym Paint Renovator (Pink label more petite white bottle), and Autoglym Paint Renovator Stage 1 and Stage 2 (Something, and then Refine).

Are these to be used for different purposes, or are they just the same thing updated? I read around and found out that all of the paint renovators are supposed to be great at removing swirls and scratches, but honestly, I'm not having great results with them. It takes tons of passes to get a decent result. I'm using foam grip pads (seem to have best results so far) and I've also tried the wool cutting pads. There is minor difference in the finishing but in terms of cutting power, these products seem to be lacking. Am I doing something wrong? Should I be using the paint renovator(s) in conjunction with the 02,03,04B products?

Also, the 04B is ridiculous. It has like boulders in it and leaves a ton of haze behind. Using progressively finer 04>03>02 the process takes forever compared to say using the Menzerna products.

Please advise on proper usage for these products, and since I have like a warehouse full of this stuff, please any experts advise on how to get best results from these products.

FYI - The detailing shop is rather high end, and most of the vehicles we get are pretty clean save for the swirls in paint from bad washes. Occasionally we get cars which have deeper scratches and so far the only way we have found to be time-effective is to hit the deeper scratches with some 2000 grit wet sanding and then work it off with the 03B, followed by the green label renovator (seems to be the best of the bunch).

I also have tons of Fallout Remover (which I can't find online, now called liquid magma and what not), Tar Remover, Rubber cleaner plus, 39B001 Plastic Conditioner, So much stuff...

Can I post some pictures of the stuff here and maybe some of the experts here can help walk me through the proper steps/combinations/tips/etc for these products?

Thanks!

See less See more
#3 ·
Well, that's easier said than done considering that the total amount of product we have is worth around 400 thousand British pounds. I mean Autoglym is supposed to be one of the best companies for detailing products, and I'm sure there is a way to get better results, so I'm here asking people who may have used these products in the past to provide their assistance.

#7 ·
Hi there :wave:

Wow, bad news first - you have a lot of very old old stock on your hands...

The 04B, 03B, 02B and Paint Renovator (Green label) are all very old. They are the original Autoglym Bodyshop range, and are rather old fashioned by todays standards. 04B is, as you have observed, a very, very heavy cut. It is like a bucket of sand. It was developed for applications that needed an extremely heavy cut. 03B was a bit of legend, people were very sad to see that go, it was a decent compound. 02B is the finer paste, and there was an 01B once too, which was like a silicone free finishing polish. We also had 06B (Glass Polish) and 07B (now called Silicone Free Plastic Conditioner)

Paint Pro Stage 1 Renovate and Stage 2 Refine were released back in 2012 and replaced the original Bodyshop range. They were good products, very safe to use, but ultimately not quick enough for the professional users who needed fast acting products. It would have made a great home user set of products for those wanting to start out machine polishing. It was completely fool proof, when we launched the products we had everyone on the company machine polishing, people who had never even polished a car, let alone touched a rotary - we had them all using rotary's, not a DA in sight!

To address the speed issue with Paint Pro Refine and Renovate, we developed Rapid Renovator and Rapid Renovator Plus. These are fast, clean, and give an excellent finish, often in one stage. They were benchmarked against all the popular bodyshop compounds, ,including 3M and the Menz ranges. I am sure you will be happy with those.

Fallout Remover is still available and more info on it is here: http://www.autoglymprofessional.com/en/products/fallout-remover.html

Where are you based? If you PM me your business name and phone number I will get the rep to drop by and explain what you have in the stock room and talk you through it. That will be the best thing to do and clarify it all for you.

Mark

Hello all!

I am new to this forum so apologies if this is being posted in the wrong section. Requesting any moderators to please help guide me if it is the case.

So, recently my boss bought over a detailing shop and has handed the entire stock room to me to figure out. Its a massive load of AutoGlym products, but it is a tad confusing for me.

So I have a whole line of progressively finer abrasives that are labeled 04B, 03B, and 02B. These are from the body shop line of products. So these I understand are progressively finer, but then I also have the AutoGlym Paint Renovator (Green label white bottle), and Autoglym Paint Renovator (Pink label more petite white bottle), and Autoglym Paint Renovator Stage 1 and Stage 2 (Something, and then Refine).

Are these to be used for different purposes, or are they just the same thing updated? I read around and found out that all of the paint renovators are supposed to be great at removing swirls and scratches, but honestly, I'm not having great results with them. It takes tons of passes to get a decent result. I'm using foam grip pads (seem to have best results so far) and I've also tried the wool cutting pads. There is minor difference in the finishing but in terms of cutting power, these products seem to be lacking. Am I doing something wrong? Should I be using the paint renovator(s) in conjunction with the 02,03,04B products?

Also, the 04B is ridiculous. It has like boulders in it and leaves a ton of haze behind. Using progressively finer 04>03>02 the process takes forever compared to say using the Menzerna products.

Please advise on proper usage for these products, and since I have like a warehouse full of this stuff, please any experts advise on how to get best results from these products.

FYI - The detailing shop is rather high end, and most of the vehicles we get are pretty clean save for the swirls in paint from bad washes. Occasionally we get cars which have deeper scratches and so far the only way we have found to be time-effective is to hit the deeper scratches with some 2000 grit wet sanding and then work it off with the 03B, followed by the green label renovator (seems to be the best of the bunch).

I also have tons of Fallout Remover (which I can't find online, now called liquid magma and what not), Tar Remover, Rubber cleaner plus, 39B001 Plastic Conditioner, So much stuff...

Can I post some pictures of the stuff here and maybe some of the experts here can help walk me through the proper steps/combinations/tips/etc for these products?

Thanks!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.