Detailing World Forum banner

First go with BH Surfex HD.

3K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  Ross 
#1 · (Edited)
Wow. This stuff is amazing. In the last 17 or so years I have been restoring classic cars I have used all sorts of degreasers, but this just blew me away when I cleaned my engine bay today. My daily-driver is a BMW E34 525i, 12 years old, and the engine bay has never been cleaned. I only had to spend half an hour and it's now spanking. The solution used neat is almost too powerful, and works even better when wetted with water. This is different to every other water-washable degreaser (Gunk/Jizer etc) that I have used. They go grey and lose their power, whereas with Surfex water merely increases the amount of degreaser working on the grime. (There's probably a scientific process going on here..) Dilutes about 5:1 it had awesome cutting power through all the crud.

Bl**dy well done lads, I will be buying a shed load more of this stuff!:thumb:

#5 ·
Glad you like it, it bought my Alfa wheels up a treat the other day and it works superbly as a patio cleaner too. And environmentally friendly.

I think i need some of this, wanted to give my engine a clean and was looking for a good degreaser.

Where did you purchase it?
Either from us directly, or Elite or Pro Detailing, at the moment.

http://www.bilthamber.com/surfex-hd.html

Really like this stuff as well - use it at a 3-4% solution and it makes a great pre-soak before a wash, and doesnt strip your wax. A bit stronger and it a decent wheel cleaner....

AND CHEAP :D
Yup, and if you order our new Auto-foam, all other BH items can currently be had with no extra postage costs either.

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=65679

#7 ·
Not really, if you're referring to the likes of a Gilmour.
PW Lance, possibly, but the best solution is the pressurised garden sprayers.
Keep solution strength low (1-5%) to prevent the LSP being removed.
5-10% is probably suitable for wheel cleaning, and up to 20% for heavy degreasing like you find in the engine bay.
Wouldn't use it in conjunction with anything else to be honest.

G
#11 ·
What sort of dilutions (at the nozzle) would you use if Surfex HD is applied through a pressure washer, via chemical injection? I use a commercial karcher p/w (HD 5/11) which nicely mixes any chemical with the low pressure 40° fan spray.

#10 ·
I tried mixing Surfex into other foams, to try and get the cleaning benefit of Surfex with the foam of the SSF - it just wouldnt work. For some reason as soon as I added Surfex inot the mix it diluted the foam and it got runny...led me to use it as a pre-spray alone.

Not an issue now though as Auto Foam does exactly what i was trying to achieve :thumb:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.