Detailing World Forum banner

Audi TT 225 Detail

11K views 23 replies 19 participants last post by  terrymcg 
#1 ·
Here's a few after shots of a recently detailed by me Audi TT 225 S line.

This was my first time out with the following combo and the Metabo.

Megs #83 DACP on a Sonus SFX White pads, speed set to 1 ½ on the Metabo
Megs #80 Speed Glaze on a LC white polishing pad, speed set to 2 on the Metabo
Megs #7 on a LC black finishing pad. Speed set to 2 ½ on the Metabo
Megs #21 applied on a LC black finishing pad, speed set to 1 ½. Easy on, easy off
Megs #16 applied 24hrs later with a Sonus SFX 4" blue spot pad on the PC at speed 1.

Enjoy-

Steve

See less See more
#9 ·
Hi Steve

We have an 05 Plate Audi A4 S-Line in our collection (Dad's) lol
and I am responsible for the cleaning he he.

We have not had it long but I have washed it twice using meguiars and it looks superb. One question I have is our Audi has the same wheels as yours (18's) and wondered if you use a brush/detailer stick on them?

I use normal megs shampoo but noticed there are smaller 'compartments' where dust will lurk lol

Cheers

Tom

#10 ·
Hi Tom.

The 18's on the TT came to me in quite a bad state -

I don't think that they'd been washed for a while:rolleyes:

To get them clean, I used 1 1/2 bottles of Meguiar's Hot Rims Wheel Cleaner, and quite a selection of brushes to get everywhere. You are right about the litttle pockets of dirt that get trapped. These were a right pig to fetch back from the dead. The Hot Rims Wheel Cleaner is in my opinion, the best over the counter wheel cleaner.

Once the wheels were washed, as with all wheels that I do, I cleaned again with Megs #6 Cleaner Wax. This brings up a very nice shine, and helps to keep them clean for so much longer. A coat of foam from the foam gun and a rinse off, that's all that's needed to wash off 1000 miles of brake dust now.

I also use the Megs #6 cleaner wax for all door shuts, under bonnet painted areas as well. The hard black plastic trim was cleaned and dressed with Megs NXT Tech Potectant.

Steve

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.