Detailing World Forum banner

Want a free Coat-It sample?

16K views 65 replies 30 participants last post by  apcv41 
#1 ·
Hello all,

We are interested in what you would use Coat-It on if someone were to give you some for free. If you do not know, Coat-It a pressure washer applied, spray on, rinse off product that adds shine, gloss and water repellence all in one go. If you have ever used Polar Seal it is the Pro range name for that.

As it is applied by pressure washer and involves no buffing or rubbing, it means you can apply it super quickly to vehicles that would normally be impractical to apply these sorts of products to, like plant equipment, tractors, trucks and so on. You can hand polish these of course, but it will take a long time.

We have a number of samples to send out, all we ask is that you share your results with us to share online. Let us now below what you would use Coat-It on and we will choose our faves, bonus points if you have something interesting :thumb:

#33 ·
PM'd you Mark

Interested in having a go with your Coat-It sample.

I have an old Honda CR-V workhorse that gets dirty the day after its been washed.

Anything to reduce the wash/protect time would be great.

I've recently tried Autosmart's Reload spray sealant.
Would be good to see how yours compares.

#37 ·
I'd like to try it on my Ultimate Black Jaguar XKR convertible and Black Mercedes S213 estate. I'm using Polar Blast, Polar Wash and Polar Seal currently having used SRP and EGP previously. The XKR is garaged but the S213 stays outside on the drive. The Ultimate Black of the XKR really pops in the sunshine after a good wash with the Polar system!

#45 · (Edited)
So regardless of the samples being sent out, not sure I ever saw a reply from @Autoglym - is Coat-It supposed to be any different from Polar Seal in terms of its performance or application? Even the recommended concentration levels seem to be the same, right?

I saw commentary that Polar Seal is typically best not applied more frequently than monthly or it can become 'over coated' so to speak. Same for Coat-It?

#49 ·
Received a sample now, thank you.

Initial reaction is that it smells and looks like Polar Wash too. Will try it next time on one of 3 cars that needs use of it and will report back. Most interested in using it on a very old camper van which has somewhat neglected paintwork, after only a Polar Blast & Wash.

#55 · (Edited)
Big thanks the Autoglym! Mine arrived yesterday and I tried it straight away. I will be doing a full write up, but I can definitely says it’s a top product, simple to apply and seems to produce good hydrophobic layer, the smell is like the cleanest aftershave you’ve ever smelt and it’s left a lovely shine finish on grey matter paint work. I just hope autoglym out price the market with this as it’s definitely a winner, id probably compare it to AF lavish in terms of finish, and that’s at pretty good price point at £20 for 1litre.

#58 · (Edited)
I used Coat-It today on My XKR and S213 as part of my usual wash routine with Polar Blast and Polar Wash. I have been really pleased with the results of using the Polar System previously and today is no exception. Here are some photos of the XKR including wheels, exhaust trims and one of the beading after it started raining:

I like using Polar as the end result is excellent with not a great deal of effort, although I did do a full decontamination/correction last year but not done many miles since. Not bad for a 10 year old car with 75,000 miles under its belt.

I just about managed to finish the S213 before it started raining more heavily and the light went so unfortunately just a couple of beading pics.

I'll take some better pics next time I do another wash.

#60 · (Edited)
... all we ask is that you share your results with us to share online.
First vehicle to report on is my white Audi. This gets:
- SRP + UHD wax normally at the beginning of the summer and beginning of the winter
- Polar Blast & Wash every 10 days or so. Often with a little Aquawax/Express Wax purely as an extra drying aid
- Polar Seal/Coat-it every 4 weeks or so.

What you see here is around 3 weeks after the last Polar Seal/Coat-it application

Sheeting still happening, though not as intensely as just after Polar Seal/Coat-it application. Beading after rain still looking to the uninitiated like it's just had a good coat of polish.

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipP0juu_FJowVNrzEk_uq3V-GATSWNJ1TOiFSA0Zq_-JA9L1Khk0gYpQmb8MB0t41g/photo/AF1QipNOZ0ZaN-qAGyCtKoRQeYftr4OH5S_krKV6habB?key=WWdOWjczSm8tLURhX1dIa1RtbFpZM2JZWE8ycmtB

End result after wash and dry still looking pretty good in my opinion, even if I did miss drying a bit ahead of the front wheel :-(

I find it's difficult to get a white car (albeit metalic) to show a 'depth of/glassy' shine, but this seems to be getting there without paint correction or treatments like ceramic.

For me the Polar series along with other AG products remain a great compromise between ease of use, general availability, reasonable pricing and great results.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.