Detailing World Forum banner

Marks 2005 Cooper S Works (JCW 210)

41K views 58 replies 33 participants last post by  c16rkc 
#1 ·
Thought I would introduce my new, well new to me MINI. With only 54k on the clock this was too good to miss. Mechanically its had everything it has ever needed done, on the outside it just needs some loving.

This was traded in, I took it home one night and put £30 of fuel though it :wall:
That whine was addictive :cloud9:

Jan 2005 Cooper S.

Spec as follows.

Chili Red / White
Leather Gravity Panther Black

Chili Pack
Visibility Pack
C0ckpit Chrono Pack
Automatic air conditioning
White Bonnet Stripes
Power Fold Mirrors
Chrome Line Interior
Heated Seats
Multi Function Steering Wheel
Head Airbags
Warning Triangle & First Aid Kit
Park Distance Control (PDC)
CD changer for 6 CDs

When it arrived at the dealers, who I happen to work for now it had the following fitted

JCW Aerokit
JCW 210 bhp kit
JCW Suspension

Plans are to tidy it up and keep it as a toy. Its away at the paintshop currently having the front end repainted and theres a few dents need removed

Pics:

Thanks for looking :D

I'll keep you all up to date.

See less See more
#6 ·
Got the car home from the paintshop complete with new grilles :D after a thorough wash of all the door shuts and under the bonnet. Wheels were taken off as well. They need a refurb so this was a quick tidy. It was brought into the garage where the fun would commence

So around the doors were deterred, meguiars ultimate compound used to bring things back to life and a coat of colonite wax applied.

The rear JCW bumper stickers were well past it. So off they came!

So later in the week my mate Noel arrived with his vast array of cleaning materials and machine polisher.

All looking rather good!:excited:

Interior has also been stripped, seats out and cleaned with various leather cleaners and conditioners. The last owner had a little terrier so this was essential to remove the white hairs that seemed to appear from nowhere!

Thanks for looking. Brakes have also been painted and I'm working on the exhaust so will update that when i get a chance :)

#9 ·
Thanks folks :)

Brought the car into work to keep its full MINI Service history in place. Oil Service and Brake Fluid Service along with a vehicle health check. Car has been given the all clear.

So a few new parts fitted today,

Replacement aero bumper decals

Checker Interior Mirror Cover

6 months tax :wall:

#14 ·
Sorry for the lack of updates, been busy with the MINI

Where do I start?

* Power Steering Pump - Warranty
* Clutch - Was really heavy and not nice to drive
* Oil Service
* Brake Fluid service
* Coolant change
* Air con re-gas
* Vehicle Health Check
* Strut top mounts, replaced and towers reshaped

Exterior:

Front & Rear JCW badges added. The cars first owner didn't have these fitted. I think, its a proper JCW why not flaunt it? So many non JCW cars driving about with badges.

Also added white bonnet stripes with black pinstripe, to this I added a John Cooper signature on the drivers side stripe as per the WC50 MINI. I also got the lower fog light surrounds done in matt black. Lower grille has also been replaced as it was more faded compared to the new upper grilles.

4 x MINI Centre Caps

2 x Rear lights with white indicators, the car came with orange lenses. A pet hate of mine!
Standard on left, white lenses on right

50/50

Done

Interior:
JCW 3 Piece Leather Dashboard
JCW Leather Downtubes
JCW Leather / Carbon Gearknob
JCW Alcantara / Leather Steering Wheel
Set of new MINI Mats

Under Bonnet:
I had a mushroomed passenger side strut top mount. I ordered a MINI Value Line repair kit. Along with the skill of 1 MINI technician he was able to straighten up the top mount. These are well known for going out of shape. My car has runflats and JCW accessory suspension so was never going to have an easy life on the poor NI roads. I had bought a GT Tuning strut brace and wasn't able to fit it due to the distortion so decided to get this repainted in Chili Red when I was getting the suspension sorted. The car then had a full KDS alignment in work! :thumb:

History:
The original owner had ordered a new MINI off me, he said he still had the tuning kit certificate and MINI Passport of ownership for the car. A little more discount later on the new car and that was mine :thumb:

Great to have it with the car!

MINI JCW Launch Weekend:

Work wanted my car in the showroom to represent the 1st Generation MINI John Cooper Works.

Many thanks for looking folks. Plans are to keep on tidying it up and keeping it right.

#19 ·
Not much happening with the car lately. Car went through its MOT in January without a hitch. We take our cars to DVA testing centres in NI, I know on the mainland it is done in a local garage. I did just over 2000 miles in it last year.

Liked this pic that was taken last year so thought Id shove it in there

And a new registration number

I think it sets the car off nicely.

Love it!

Big impulse purchase. A few people had sent me the links to these tempting me!!

R53 Recaro seats, and for sale 5 minutes away from me.

Adore these

I also left the car into work and had its scheduled inspection 1 service, new plugs and air filter along with a brake fluid service. That keeps its full MINI service history in place.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.