Detailing World Forum banner

Steve TDCi's trips 2021

5K views 46 replies 10 participants last post by  muzzer 
#1 ·
Here's my little thread for trips planned this year,

July - Stamford CAMC site at Fineshades, 1 night just to work out what goes where

August - Silverstone Moto GP 4 nights

October - Donnington Park BTCC 2 maybe 3 nights

#10 ·
So we are days away from Silverstone, i feel like i've spent the last few days on Amazon, camping supply sites, Ebay and screwfix.

I know have about an extra £1500 of bits that I may not need, 2 fishing moon chairs that may not fit in the awning and more beer than the fridge could possibly handle. I have storm straps - remember its British summer time, tent pegs for grass, hard standing, I have gas and we have the flimisiest bulkhead where screws seem to fall out.

I still have some bits to buy but not for this weekend, I want a weber gas bbq and a teppanyaki grill or whatever its called, still Silverstone only has 6a supply so i need i need to keep the beer cold.

Pictures will follow.

Oh and i have roof bars for the Mondeo, except i forgot to bid on the roof box to go on it !

#18 ·
The campsite is a little busy … no CAMC rules here, if there is a gap fill it, no spaces between pitches, having said that the girl in control of the parking wasn’t exactly helpful

The motor home behind has a gazebo which joins them and the transit van camper together.

#20 ·
Your daughter is right

Silverstone is expensive although the bike GP is cheaper than F1 (and better)

If your camping stay on the family side, be prepared to penned in by all means have one night out otherwise take food and drink. Buy a weekend ticket, pick a stand, Friday and Saturday you can go anywhere you want and in any stand, its only sunday you need a ticket for the stands. We always go to village its around £150 each. Camping was something like £250 for Thursday to Monday, You buy a pitch and then its X amount per person.

You can rent tents or go glamping, thats all set up for you. Tillshed hire caravans, expect to pay £1000 for a 4 berth delivered and set up.

A pint is £4-5, burgers around £7, expect a burger van meal to set you back around £10-12.

Silverstone circuit is boring, it is well organised and there are water points all over but its a big place to walk around, there is a bus service but they all seemed to arrive at the same time.

You would probably find it cheaper to go to spain for a race than silverstone, the weather will also be much better.

With that said i'll be going to silverstone next year.

#22 ·
You would probably find it cheaper to go to spain for a race than silverstone, the weather will also be much better.
thanks for the write up - and the bit above is exactly what she is trying to tell me!

The thought was to take our own caravan to Silverstone, but travelling from Aberdeen, i could probably get to Barcelona in the same time. Couple of pals have been to Valencia and rate that, but being the last race, always seems to have lost a bit of the "magic" as the championship is (mostly) decided.

Best look out my passport........

#29 · (Edited)
I am SUPER jealous of this!!!

Both Friday and Saturday night, I was sat at that table to the left of the tree with a few mates as there was nothing else to do!

We were there for the BTCC on the 24th, 25th and 26th September and the was not a single bit of entertainment in the entire camp site!

Also, I hope you had a shower in your camper as the showers were rubbish in the toilets just down the hill from the pub!

I had a great weekend but that was due to the company I was with and the racing.

I'm looking to do a fair few BTCC events, but I won't camp if the events are all as poor as Silverstone was!

Report back with Photos from the campsite at Donny! I'm rather intrigued by what entertainment has been put on for the weekend.

#24 ·
I’d pretty much agree with Steve re Silverstone, it’s a long track and if they get spread out, you tend to get a bit of a boring race…

We’ve been down quite a few times now and it’s great for the whole weekend, but I did find this year inner field (couldn’t get to the in field re Covid this year), was lacking from previous year…

#27 ·
I'd pretty much agree with Steve re Silverstone, it's a long track and if they get spread out, you tend to get a bit of a boring race…

We've been down quite a few times now and it's great for the whole weekend, but I did find this year inner field (couldn't get to the in field re Covid this year), was lacking from previous year…
We got in the infield section as we had hospitality on Saturday, if you like drinking then i'd recommend it, however while you are close to the track its not the best view and while the riders do get close when coming into the pits they all ignore hospitality and wave to the fans on the other side of the track in the proper stands.

I do want to go to more tracks but i would probably fly rather than take the van, its enough of a faff working out whats where at Silverstone yet aone in a foreign land.

Donnington BTCC is next.

#30 ·

We arrived at Donnington in the dark, we haven't been for a walk so not sure what's on or here, we are right under East Midlands flight path for departures so will be woken up at 6.05 am although we have the freight flights above us, when I say above o mean directly above us and at 400 feet

The picture above is the. Use from the caravan window, hopefully nobody parks in front of us

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.