Detailing World Forum banner

New car to me,

1K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  Lexus-is250 
#1 · (Edited)
New car to me, let the mods begin.

The time came having had my beloved Nissan Leaf for 3 years and covered 25k miles to have a change. Gone for something totally different from anything I've owned before.
A 2017 BMW 530e i performance Msport model.
Didn't get off to a great start with it actually breaking down on me on my drive home! My active grilles and spoilers weren't operational so had these all repaired at BMW at a cost of just over £900 but all covered by warranty. Then at the beginning of the week I was following a white transit van that was all over the place and he ended up swerving in front of an oncoming camper van resulting in both wing mirrors exploding and the campers windscreen and drivers window, showering the front of my car in debris causing some nasty gashes in my front bumper some scuffs across the bonnet and chipped my windscreen! So not happy but it's all being covered by the van drivers insurance.
Here it is after its first clean.

And the damage from the debris

On the plus side it's booked to have a Visit from the Guys at DMS automotive on Tuesday for their 400bhp remap.

See less See more
#8 ·
To be honest, I work 2 miles away so it's a 4 mile round trip 4 days a week, I basically drive all week to work and back using pure electric, I've hardly driven on the petrol motor yet. Working 12 hour shifts, I'm usually too tired to go anywhere after work and on my days off I'm recovering from a back strain so havnt had the chance to drive out somewhere.
Now it's been remapped Im hoping to go out as I'm now on hols for 12 days. So ile see how the economy goes. Still showing 90+mpg but that's because of the battery usage only.

#12 ·
Great update. Can I ask where you got your steering wheel cover from? Did it take long to do?

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk
https://www.eastdetailing.com/
I also have a 10% discount code just need to type in DANIEL59864. They cover most models and are customisable from full leather, to leather and suede, or even carbon. Any colour stitching and top marker etc. From the USA it took 12 days delivery.

Took me about 3 hours all in. I stitched and unstitched the bottom right section about 3-4 times, before I was happy with the pattern, some reason I kept switching half way through then realising so having to unpick and redo it didn't help.lol. There's several good vids on you tube doing it that's how I done it, rather than try follow the instructions provided .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.