Detailing World Forum banner

My car of the day, Donkervoort D8 GTO.

2K views 13 replies 13 participants last post by  Fentum 
#1 ·
Dutch company Donkervoort's D8 GTO is in it's final testing stages before production starts. The company has hinted that track only variants will be developed for the open wheeled sports car, however the individual series will be the last road-going car for a car that's eight years old. The D8 GTO still uses Audi's derived turbocharged 2.5 litre five-cylinder engine with 429 BHP that's tuned by Abt. Key modifications include an upgraded cooling system, new fuel injectors and bespoke ECU tune. These upgrades help the 0-60 time of 2.6 seconds with a top speed of 180 MPH. The design changes are subtle and aimed at giving it a cleaner look with a nose-cone flaps, air scoops and vents that have been moved to the grille from it's nose. The company says a starting price of £140,000 and a raft of new options and services mean it can be configured to meet the owners preferences be it for track day's, touring design or luxury. Chassis wise, the final D8 GTO comes with Tarox wave-form brake discs all round and can be fitted with a Bosh anti-lock system for track use and a faster steering rack is also fitted.

Like it?

Sky Tire Wheel Vehicle Cloud

Wheel Tire Sky Vehicle Vehicle registration plate

Speedometer Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Gauge

Vehicle Speedometer Car Steering part Gauge

Car Vehicle Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design

See less See more
#3 ·
Not for me. It's lovely and all that and I'm sure it's amazing - but IF I had that money and was in the market for a car of that type I'd always choose a Caterham after doing a track day with them.

And then I'd pay £100,000 off my mortgage with what's left over :lol:

EDITED TO ADD: - I do like it though. I just wouldn't choose one over a Caterham. But that's just me ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.