Detailing World Forum banner

New tyres

3K views 22 replies 12 participants last post by  sharrkey 
#1 ·
Narrowed it down to Michelin pilot sport 4 or goodyear eagle f1 asymmetric 5.. Anybody had any experience with these?

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

#2 ·
It's the Pilot Sport 4S you want. It's confusing that there is a Pilot 4 and a Pilot 4S.

I've got the 4S on currently after having Continental SC5 and then Goodyear Asymmetric 2. They are massively better. I've not tried the Asymmetric 5.

I did see someone buying the 4S at National tyres a couple of months ago on an outrageous deal. It's not somewhere I'd have looked but the deal for four tyres was about £150 cheaper and there was a £100 dashcam thrown into the deal.

#4 ·
I had the PS4 on my M135i and it transformed the ride handling, wet driving and general all round more confidence, can’t even remember what I had on the M140 lol
PS4’s is supposed to be next level and wish they where fitted to my M2C rather than the SuperSports currently fitted. I believe the availability of PS4S in sizes smaller that 19” is better now, Costco have a deal starting tomorrow with £100 off 4x tyres and generally have great prices also if you have a membership or know someone who has.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

#5 ·
Haven't had the Goodyear, bit I've had my MPS4s for nearly 2 years now.
Totally different from my midrange Falken fk510 I had before and their predecessors before that.
On my daily commute there's a small incline where during the rain, the rears would lose traction and trigger the TCS to kick in and flash when accelerating in 2nd.
This has not happened since changing to the Michelins.
I'm sold on the hype and won't be going back to midrange Falken tyres on my 350z.

#8 · (Edited)
New tyres [emoji848]

Was set to get the PS4S but it worked out about £200 cheaper for me to get GY SuperSports with the deal I got. Don't feel the need to get PS4S now, except a better looking sidewall, but from reading the PS4's are better than the GY Asymmetric 5.

Had P Zero's previously and the GY are so reassuring in wet and dry, I'd even go as far as to say night and day. Puts the power down well for FWD.

IMO; I'd get which ever works out considerably cheaper think they're both good tires just GY tend to have a stiffer ride.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#9 ·
Was set to get the PS4S but it worked out about £200 cheaper for me to get GY SuperSports with the deal I got. Don't feel the need to get PS4S now, except a better looking sidewall, but from reading the PS4's are better than the GY Asymmetric 5.

Had P Zero's previously and the GY are so reassuring in wet and dry, I'd even go as far as to say night and day. Puts the power down well for FWD.

IMO; I'd get which ever works out considerably cheaper think they're both good tires just GY tend to have a stiffer ride.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
With a deal i have found the ps4 are around £20 more, fitted for 4.ill probably go for the ps4's, just because i like the look of the sidewalls more [emoji1]

#10 ·
What car and how do you drive?

I currently have the Michelin PS4S on my Cayman S and had Goodyear F1 Asymmetric 2 on my old 350z. As per the cars they are on, the tyres are (were) heavily pressed upon on occasions and that is important to note.

It is also important to note that the PS4S isn’t directly comparable with the F1 Asymmetric 5, the PS4 is the correct comparison. Goodyear have the Goodyear Eagle F1 SuperSport to compete with the PS4S and does very well indeed by all accounts.

I’d be very happy with either the Asymmetric 5 or the PS4 so pick the one which gets you the best deal, they are both high quality tyres that will very likely exceed your limits.

#11 ·
What car and how do you drive?

I currently have the Michelin PS4S on my Cayman S and had Goodyear F1 Asymmetric 2 on my old 350z. As per the cars they are on, the tyres are (were) heavily pressed upon on occasions and that is important to note.

It is also important to note that the PS4S isn't directly comparable with the F1 Asymmetric 5, the PS4 is the correct comparison. Goodyear have the Goodyear Eagle F1 SuperSport to compete with the PS4S and does very well indeed by all accounts.

I'd be very happy with either the Asymmetric 5 or the PS4 so pick the one which gets you the best deal, they are both high quality tyres that will very likely exceed your limits.
Cheers for the info, its a mk3.5 focus ST, opted for ps4's in the end, got a deal i was happy with. Just got them fitted this morning, gave them a clean and dressing

#23 ·
Once you have worn them in 2/300miles they will improve a little more and yeh I have to agree they just slice thou the standing water but you gotta feel sorry for the drivers behind as the spray is something else lol
I'm not a fan of the SuperSports on my M2 and look forward to replacing with the PS4S, but at only 7k on the tyres I've a bit longer till they need replaced.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.