Detailing World Forum banner
7K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  Planet Man 
#1 ·
This Evo was booked in for full correction. On arrival the car was quite clean with medium swirlage and just a touch of pink creeping in in the boot and bonnet. So on arrival it looked like this...

First up where the wheels. These where tackled using AS smart wheels, EZ detail brush for the backs and swissvax brushes for the faces. Some of the recesses needed a touch of tardis and some needed a bit of attention with the clay.

and the afters...

the arches where given a scrub with G101 and a vikan brush. The arches where not dressed at the request of the customer. (before anyone picks up on it :p)

So next the car was foamed with Bilt hamber autofoam, left to dwell, rinsed then washed with Finish Kare 1016 shampoo.

Claying was done with fine polyclay with last touch. On the whole contamination wasnt to bad but the roof was the worst bit.

after drying with a serious performance uber premium drying towel, the car was moved inside as the sun was beating down. Paint readings where all over the place. The passenger side was showing respray as was the bonnet, with readings ranging from 225 upto 315. The rest of the car was more fitting Mitsubishi paint. Readings ranged from 83 microns to 115. So the car was in and i began taping up.

I'm having a bit of a renaissance with megs polishes at the moment so a test patch on the respray side and megs 83 with a megs polishing pad was the way forward.

but the original paint reacted very well to a blue 3m pad and megs 80.

so with the correction work done the paint was looking much more vibrant.

LSP of choice was Finish Kare pink wax, with FK 1000 used for the wheels. I was going to use 1000 all over but i feel the pink wax adds a bit more wetness to red paint, especially japanese paint. But maybe its just me.

While the wax was left to cure I set about tackling the channel tunnel that was the HKS super drager exhaust. Fine wire wool and autosol to remove the filth and megs nxt via microfibre to get it nice and shiny.

befores....

and the afters....

the inside of the pipe was a lost cause however. Even powertools didnt shift it, it was about 5mm thick with caked on cack.

Once the pink wax was ready to come off it was removed with a spritz of FK425 and then given a final wipedown, again with 425.

and the afters, which are a little disappointing due to the lack of light and camera skills.

thanks for looking.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.