Detailing World Forum banner

Sample pot wax application?

9K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  Andyblue 
#1 ·
If I get a small sample pot of something like FK1000p, what's the best way to get it out of the tin and onto a pad??

Might sound basic but not used pastes before and I hear FK1000 must be applied thinly.

Would one of those AF Grip pads work?

Cheers!

#2 ·
I've got a sample pot of fk1000p and just use a standard yellow foam pad. Only use for the face of the wheels but haven't had any issues removing any excess and don't feel like I am applying too thick.

I'm still new to paste waxes too. If it's of any use I've tried the below:

G3 Supergloss. Like this one and has got me wanting to try more. Would recommend this as a first time use if willing to spend a bit more over a sample, also the waffle applicator is good which I would suggest trying even if you don't use G3 Wax (comes with wax but can be brought as a 2 pack I believe).

Simoniz Original. Love/hate this one - recommend you avoid until you have had a go will a couple of others first).

Also Bilt Hamber Double Speed might be a good start based on feedback from here but I can't comment from personal experience on this one. It's cheap too so may be worth stepping up to this from a sample pot.

#12 ·
Yes picked up 2 packs (currently on 2nd half price). Not opened yet, but felt very soft in the package, but with substance / firmness to them - if that makes sense...

Mine are white, so a coloured wax will show up nicely on them.

Hoping to try them out tomorrow / Monday. If they work very well, for the £3 might pick up another couple of packs and if not, they'll be great for trim / wheel work etc...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.