Detailing World Forum banner

Race Valeting Vs Filthy Range Rover Vogue FK1000p Detail

14K views 27 replies 26 participants last post by  freon warrior 
G
#1 ·
Today I had booked in a rather grubby Range Rover, the owner lives out in the country so its to be expected I suppose.

Arrived at 9am and this is what I was greeted with:

Firstly the wheels were tackled with my acid free wheel cleaner and left for a couple of mins then agitated with a ez detail brush and my swissvax style brush and the arches cleaned using megs super de-greaser and also the tyres with g101.

Then I cleaned all the door/boot shuts using my swissvax style brush and g101.

Next the citrus de-greaser was sprayed to all the lowers and traffic film to help cut through it, then rinsed.

Next up was a foam using bilt hamber autofoam and left to dwell for a few mins then rinsed. This had to be repeated again to remove as much as possible before washing.

Then washed using a schmitt and dodo b2bm and rinsed.

Next I sprayed and the panels with last touch and dried using miracle drying towel.

I then polished using my trade polish to help minimise some of the swirls this was applied to the whole car then buffed.

Next I applied a layer of fk1000p and left for 20 mins to cure before buffing.

The exterior glass was then cleaned using my RV glass cloths and megs glass cleaner.

The interior was next, fully hoovered and then all the plastics cleaned using g101 and a mf and the leather also cleaned using a leather brush and weak g101 then conditioned using sonus.

All interior glass then cleaned then the plastics dressed.

Last touches were dressing all the tyres and arches using autosmart highstyle and all plastics also dressed.

Now the finished results.

Before:

After:

Before:

After:

Total time taken was 6 hrs, the clients was very happy and wants me back to do his wife's mini soon too.

Thanks for reading and all comments welcome as usual.

Paul​

See less See more
G
#12 ·
Thanks for the comments chaps, the owner was very happy with the results and has said that he'll want his wife's yellow Mini also doing too.

I do love doing the Range Rovers although very big but their a pleasure to work on.

Paul

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.