Detailing World Forum banner

Race Valeting Vs LP enhancement on a grubby Disco

9K views 14 replies 12 participants last post by  Christian6984 
G
#1 ·
Today was just a good spruce on a blue Discovery TD5, this was a recommend of a friend who had just bought the car and wanted 'a good polish' but didn't want to pay the full hog of a correction as it was only being used for his mrs and the stables and towing the horse box.

Heres what she looked like on arrival:

Heres a few shot under the brinkmann to show the state of the paintwork:

Firstly the wheels were cleaned with megs wb and a selection of brushes, the arches and tyres with megs super degreaser.

Next up was a pre soak of citrus de-greaser to the lowers and then rinced, then a quick foam and left to dwell for few mins, then washed using zaino shampoo and a z sponge.

Dried using a miracle towel and megs LT.

As the paintwork needed a good spruce and clean, I opted for dodo LP via porter cable on a SFX-2 pad, heres a quick comparison shot

before:

after:

after all the car was lp'd I then applied the 1st coat of fk1000 this was applied via foam applicator, then buffed after 15 mins.

I then dressed all the plastics with raceglaze rubber dressing, the tyres and arches dressed using AS smart shine.

Next up gave the exterior windows a clean and then sealed using zaino cs, then time for the 2nd coat of fk1000.

now it was all looking great exterior wise time to get started on the interior, fully hoovered and lots of dog hairs I might add.....

Then the dash and leather wiped down with milds apc and the ****pit premium applied to the plastics and gliptone for the leather.

The rubber mats were washed and the dressed with AS smart shine, finally interior windows done and then a quick z8 wipedown on the exterior and the wheels sealed using zaino cs and job done.

8hrs.

Finshed pics:

Thanks for looking

Paul​

See less See more
G
#4 ·
Cheers Jim

Must say its the first time i've used the DA in ages and also LP the combo worked well and enhanced the gloss/depth too.

I always dress the rubber mats with the AS smart shine and the buff to remove and greasy oils :thumb:.

Paul

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.