Detailing World Forum banner

Ti22 sorts out a Leggy Twin

6K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  5hep 
#1 ·
Legacy Twin Turbo that is.. rare too - completely standard, and with only 37,000 miles on it!

After inspecting the vehicle pre purchase with it's new owner, I was asked to give it a service and a Ti22 style paint love up, with the owners permission - this is the writeup of the paint correction.

This is how it was looking after the service :

As always.. 1st up for cleaning were the arches:

The car used to live up a country lane.. can you tell?

Wheel before :

A wheel after :

Onto the shuts :

The Fuel Filler :

All the badges :

and the grilles

After all the details were washed, the car was then foamed :

After washing with the 2 bucket method and a swisswax washpudel, it was dried with the plush drying towel and moved inside for a proper look at the paint condition . .

The paint was then clayed (not too bad surprisingly!) and I checked the paint depth and Laquer thickness with my Posi 200 gauge :

After doing a test panel, I ended up using a pass of megs 83 on a polishing pad. Giving this improvement on the bonnet section above the Paint gauge picture:

Before carrying on I borrowed a trick from Clarke and popped out the washer jets to polish around/ under them better

50/50 on the bonnet

defects removed

Passenger side wing before :

50/50

and after :

Front bumper 50/50

Fully corrected

offside door before :

and after

rear bumper before :

And after

The nearside was particularly bad with lots of scratches from hedges:

50/50

all removed!

The car was then finished with Megs 205 all over to remove the hologrammes, and coated with FK1000p to finish off and protect the paintwork, giving these finished results:

Thanks for looking, questions and comments all welcome as usual!

James

See less See more
#5 ·
Yes, It's an auto - and a drive was part of the vehicle inspection service I do. It drives very well for a 14 year old car, much torquier lower down the rev range than the single turbo impreza's - it's on an M, so 94.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.