Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Manufacturers and Private Label Brands > Manufacturers and Private Label Brands > Artdeshine
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 22-11-2015, 11:14 PM   #1
Bigoggy
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Garage
question for matt..

Hey matt can you help me please.

I know how good you are with wet sanding and was wondering what the best method would be to use on my car.

It has some orange peel in the paint i would like to get rid of , or atleast make it look better.

The paint is soft metalic red on my mazda so id like to know what would be the best way for me to approach it. I have a da so could i try a certain pad to reduce it down or just try wet sanding it ?

Thanks mate
Old 02-12-2015, 08:41 AM   #2
stangalang
king of the flexonian

Thanked 10,825 Times in 5,013 Posts
Garage
You could give the denim pads a go for sure. If the paint is really soft, which i suspect it is it may do a half decent job.
Alternatively is sanding, obviously. But do a comprehensive thickness map as everyone i have ever worked on has been real thin. If you have even a slightly heavy hand you could easily put some marks in that take a lot of work to get out, and you don't really have the paint for that (i assume)

You could also try machine sanding with a small ish through random orbital machine (das 6 etc). Starting with say a 1500 disk for a very short time to take the tops off then a 3000 disk for a bit longer to refine the 1500 and knock it down further.

My best best advice is find a descreet spot and do a full set. See how much you remove over all and if you are happy. If it seems you have removed quite a bit of material and the peel is still quite obvious then don't bother doing anymore. You are probably going to cause long term issues