Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Detailing Products > Waxes, Sealants & Paint Protection
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Waxes, Sealants & Paint Protection Sponsored by DODO JUICE Light Fantastic , Banana Armour, Orange Crush, Rainforest Rub, Purple Haze - www.dodojuice.com

Old 05-07-2019, 09:00 PM   #11
JJPTT
Unwashed Member

If the car has never been clayed then I would 100% recommend it. If you finding claying tedious like me I would use a G3 clay mitt. You can pick them on ebay for £11 or pop in to Halfords but they cost a little more.
JJPTT is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JJPTT For This Useful Post:
BradleyW (05-07-2019)
Old 05-07-2019, 09:46 PM   #12
BradleyW
Orbital Oracle

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJPTT View Post
If the car has never been clayed then I would 100% recommend it. If you finding claying tedious like me I would use a G3 clay mitt. You can pick them on ebay for £11 or pop in to Halfords but they cost a little more.
I do have the G3 mitt that I used on my MG6 but I find it to be rather rough on the paint. I have a good chunk of Mags smooth clay from their smooth clay kit. Might use that if I decide to clay. The last time the car was clayed was over a year ago after a full chemical decon. Last week I did a chemical decon and panel wipe without using clay at all, and hardly anything ran from the paint with iron X. I think the paint is in good condition and it is rarely subjected to anything other than normal streets and motorway. I don't really come into contact with dirty environments as such, or places that could contain a lot of iron particles.
BradleyW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 10:43 PM   #13
gj88
Unwashed Member

You'll need to decon to get rid of the contaminants, clay and/or chemical. I regularly use fusso and BH cleanser and it does the job
gj88 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to gj88 For This Useful Post:
BradleyW (06-07-2019)
Old 06-07-2019, 05:15 PM   #14
BradleyW
Orbital Oracle

Quote:
Originally Posted by gj88 View Post
You'll need to decon to get rid of the contaminants, clay and/or chemical. I regularly use fusso and BH cleanser and it does the job
Thanks for the info.
Old 06-07-2019, 06:35 PM   #15
westerman
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

From what you say it seems you have prepared the paint pretty well. If you want a really good surface to spread your fusso on, how about using a quality glaze such as PB Black Hole?

Harry
westerman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to westerman For This Useful Post:
BradleyW (06-07-2019)
Old 06-07-2019, 10:33 PM   #16
BradleyW
Orbital Oracle

Quote:
Originally Posted by westerman View Post
From what you say it seems you have prepared the paint pretty well. If you want a really good surface to spread your fusso on, how about using a quality glaze such as PB Black Hole?

Harry
I thought the properties from the glaze would interfere with Fusso bonding? Also I k ow there are many factors involved but how many microns of paint does a pre wax cleaner with abrasives take off a paint surface? People use pre wax products each time they wax, but surely they must be concerned how much paint they have? Perhaps the abrasives are too soft to abrade the clear coat, but harder than the LSP?

Last edited by BradleyW; 06-07-2019 at 11:00 PM.
Old 06-07-2019, 11:41 PM   #17
WristyManchego
Washmitt Meister

How To Remove A Wax Or Sealant?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradleyW View Post
I thought the properties from the glaze would interfere with Fusso bonding? Also I k ow there are many factors involved but how many microns of paint does a pre wax cleaner with abrasives take off a paint surface? People use pre wax products each time they wax, but surely they must be concerned how much paint they have? Perhaps the abrasives are too soft to abrade the clear coat, but harder than the LSP?

Mate, youíre over thinking it.

A pre-wax cleaner isnít removing paint, itís slightly abrasive to help dislodge contaminants and anything above the surface.

Again, as many have suggested, a panel wipe is the best step pre sealant or coating, which Fusso is.

Get some upol or 7010 and give a panel at a time a wipe over and wipe clean with a new cloth. Use lots of microfibre.

And yes, youíre right. Donít use a glaze pre-sealant. Even though Fusso comes in paste form doesnít mean itís a traditional wax.
WristyManchego is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to WristyManchego For This Useful Post:
BradleyW (07-07-2019)
Old 07-07-2019, 06:32 PM   #18
BradleyW
Orbital Oracle

Quote:
Originally Posted by WristyManchego View Post
Mate, youíre over thinking it.

A pre-wax cleaner isnít removing paint, itís slightly abrasive to help dislodge contaminants and anything above the surface.

Again, as many have suggested, a panel wipe is the best step pre sealant or coating, which Fusso is.

Get some upol or 7010 and give a panel at a time a wipe over and wipe clean with a new cloth. Use lots of microfibre.

And yes, youíre right. Donít use a glaze pre-sealant. Even though Fusso comes in paste form doesnít mean itís a traditional wax.
I'll definitely look into those panel wipes, Thank you. As for pre wax abrasives, I'm not so sure. I think some of them have potential to remove paint because people have been able to perform light correction with products such as lime prime, unless it is just the oils masking defects.