Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Detailing Products > Waxes, Sealants & Paint Protection
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Waxes, Sealants & Paint Protection Sponsored by DODO JUICE Light Fantastic , Banana Armour, Orange Crush, Rainforest Rub, Purple Haze - www.dodojuice.com

Old 12-07-2019, 09:33 PM   #11
The Guz
Sponge Jockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatboy40 View Post
Wah?

Can I ask what you exactly mean by "performance" in this context?

Reload doesn’t last that long for me. After about the second wash and it’s mostly gone. You are then going to ask how do I determine this. Well visually the hydrophobic’s are about gone and it gives the appearance that the coating has failed with the water laying flat on the surface.

Elixir on the other hand seems to last longer and its hydrophobic’s are pretty impressive. There are no signs of it looking flat as it fades over time.

Gyeon Cure does better than Reload as well. It does not behave the same when it starts to fade.
The Guz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 09:47 PM   #12
v_r_s
PC Perfectionist

Is there a need for top coats ?

Just seems like more money gone if a ceramic has 2 years plus why does it need a 12month costing. Altho if it isn't ceramic I can't see it lasting 12months? Even the best waxes just just washing I have not seen last more than 6months maybe being to skeptical
v_r_s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2019, 04:43 AM   #13
The Guz
Sponge Jockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by v_r_s View Post
Is there a need for top coats ?

Just seems like more money gone if a ceramic has 2 years plus why does it need a 12month costing. Altho if it isn't ceramic I can't see it lasting 12months? Even the best waxes just just washing I have not seen last more than 6months maybe being to skeptical

I wouldn’t get caught up in the longevity. It is dependent on the environment one lives in.

Syncro barely made it a year for me. Skin was gone in 6 months. This was without the use of a top coat other then testing Cure once or twice.

Optimum Gloss Coat struggled to make to 1 year with no toppers.

CarPro CQUK 3.0 over a surface polished with Essence is doing good thus far in 1 year with no toppers. Much better than the others. But I’m starting to see areas of it starting to lose its hydrophobic properties.

I’m not a topper user other than using Ech2o at 1:20 as a drying aid. It doesn’t leave durable protection.

In the end it’s up to each user if they decide to use a topper.
The Guz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2019, 11:07 AM   #14
peta
Unwashed Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
Yes they will all work. I would skip on Essence+. I bought it and used it once. The filling is so minor and it’s durability is a few months.

I would stick with Reload and Elixir as a topper of choice with Elixir being the one I would use more often. It has better performance that Reload in my experience.

I have my brothers SUV coated with CQuartz TiO2 + Gliss and maintenance is Ech2o at 1:20 as a drying aid after every wash. Once a month I will switch to Elixir. Reload has never touched this paint. I am not a big fan of it.
Have you compared EliXir to Hydro02? Have used Gyeons version WetCoat and like the touchless easyness and result.
peta is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
coating maintnance