Detailing World Forum banner

Nick's STi PPP Enhancement

4K views 17 replies 15 participants last post by  Nozza 
#1 ·
Helllloooo all yet again!

Well i've had my scoob for a month or two now and it's been lovely and all..but you know me and my love for a nice deep colour and hate for swirls etc!
Had it in the garage over a period of 3 days to work on the finish and get the nicest gloss and best protection possible.
My aims:
-reduced swirls 
-remove hologramming
-decontaminate the paint surface
-leave a strong, well protected surface.

Subaru paint is notoriously soft so i'd also decided to remove as little paint as I could so it can be refined in the future- so a correction will NOT be my aim.

Onto the wash!
I keep my cars quite clean and well looked after so not much is on here in the way of dirt. It's currently wearing a sealant so repels a lot.
Here it is after about 200 miles:

Now i'm gonna wrap up the wash process quite quickly..same as my other threads really!
Snow foamed with Cg's Maxi suds II + Mr pink
Citrus degreaser and a soft brush on all the nooks 'n' crannies
2BM wash with CG's Mr pink (tiny bit of ONR in too for lubricity)
Wheels cleaned with Epsuma Revolution and Wolf's deironizer

Few piccies!

The car was then patted dry (VERY IMPORTANT!!) and brought inside for inspection/paint work.

Ok, its clean..but hows the paint?

yeah...not cool!

So let's get started! Here ive decided to use Scholl polishes with a combination of CG's hex pads. Worse areas will be polished with Cg's green, then refined with white. Some just gone with CG's white.
Most areas received about 2 passes per set. I use a Rupes Rotary polisher.
Door panels:

After:

Side skirts:

That's one side finished today:

Overnight i applied 2 layers of jetseal (30 mins between layers) and then dodo purple haze pro over the top. Jetseal was also used on the rear screen as i have no wiper!

Day 2 - more of the same!

I also took a little time to sort a few bits in the engine bay..example:

Day 2 was sorting the other side, the bonnet and the roof...some more piccies again:

Done for the night:

Finally, the finished article.
Interior vac'd out, seats cleaned then treated with ScotchGaurd and all plastics treated with CG's VRP.

Then that evening my buddy Kieren popped over and took a few photos for me

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.