Detailing World Forum banner

106 Rallye (project)

18K views 46 replies 20 participants last post by  big-daf 
#1 · (Edited)
Not really a Detailing project :)

its more of a general progress blog :) but i will do a detail thread soon :)

Right, this is my first car blog so here goes :)

U]Car as it stands (23/02/2009):[/U]

1300 cherry red rallye
Team Dynamic Monza Rims Re-Sprayed White
Lowered 30mm (now standard ride height)
4-2-1 raceland manifold
Straight through grp-n Pug-Sport exhaust (old style magnex) (non-decat AT THE MOMENT)
Ram-Air Induction
Momo Steering Wheel
Flyoff Handbrake
Drilled, Pinned And Welded diff onto crown wheel
OMP Upper Strut Brace

To Do List:

1600 bottom end[DONE]
New Bumper[DONE]
new Bonnet[DONE]
New front shocks[DONE]
Brake Disk all round[DONE]
New Windscreen [Done]
battery Relocation [DONE]
power-flex gearbox stabilizer [Done]
Kam Racing Uprated gear Linkages [DONE]
Compbrake Quick shift [DONE]
Group "N" Engine Mounts [DONE]
Morettes [DONE]
Throttle Bodies [bought - Need Fitting and remap]
4 Pot wilwood brakes (285mm) [DONE]

New Rims
LSD
De-Cat
Full Re-spray
Fast Road/Rally cam
Ported and polished
lower strut brace or sump guard
New carpet (mine has a small rip)
Flocked Dash

Not 100% sure
Roll cage
Bucket seats
Interior strip
track, road car?? hmm

Thats all for now ;) i will update!

Heres some pictures of the car (before the bumper was broke :()

See less See more
#29 ·
yeah :) ITBs

Should sound pretty good with allot of extra torque and power from my 8V engine :D perfect for autosolo events :)

Only problem i got now is working out weather to get my standard ECU mapped or to get an aftermarket standalone ECU remap that and buy a new higher lift camshaft :)

#31 ·
Yeah engine mounts fitted :)

When fitted the car felt allot more positive on turn in and acceleration and deceleration as the engine isnt rocking around. We also put a powerflex gearbox stabilizer bush on.
Love it, made the interior louder and vibrate allot but being a rallye the engine is pretty loud to begin with and i quite like how it vibrates :)

#32 ·
that's how my VTR was, but my car was standard apart from Magnex and K & N Panel Filter, it felt soooo much faster but I couldn't live with the vibration (and the wife hated it) so got rid of them and bought new standard brackets.

Do love your car though, would love to get one and have a project out of it, need a garage/drive first! Look forward to more pics!

#34 ·
McBandy- pics are now up, uploaded on my flickr account :)

The BakerBM Mounts are just as good and cheaper than the peugeot sport mounts :)

----------
:cool: New CF trumpets!

Im getting a set of these made up for CHEAP from a friend of my brothers :D

Going to get some more bits made as well :)

This is a sample trumpet i got :) Personally i think it looks awesome!

#36 ·
cheers :)

Battery is in the boot for better weight distribution and more room to work work with. Probably going to out an Oil catch tank in its place :)

Going to go for a few carbon bits in the engine bay. Throttle body trumpets, Rocker cover and ECU cover.

Going to get a few more carbon bits to keep the weight down. Plus it looks good ;)

#39 · (Edited)
Nice :)

The inlet is great quality these arent pics i took th so camera quality not great. The inlet was made profeionally and the blue pipes were put in to make the neck longer. As the longer the inlets to the butterfly the more torque :) But absoutly fantastic quality in person. Il upload more pics :)

#40 ·
Bought some Group N mounts from Baker Bm recently, haven't been on for long as you can tell in the photo they are pretty much brand new! As you can see its completely snapped off :( We thought it was the lower arm slightly loose as when i lifted off the throttle it would bang. Thought the group n mounts would be well up to the job. Very disappointed and will be emailing Baker bm so hopefully I get a reply...

As you can see from he pics they are brand new!

The Damage

This is how the did look

Not good but hopefully they will either refund me or send me a new one out :)

May buy some group A mounts which are a bit harsher :) but more fun and positive to drive! :D

#41 ·
At least I got the brakes sorted :) picking the wilwoods up tomorrow!

Here are he calipers im picking up for pretty cheap :)

May get them sprayed black again just to freshen them up :)

Here is sort of a spec list :)

wilwood 4 pot midilite calipers that fit on 285mm std fitment discs. currently on wilwood fast road pads fitted and are approximatly40-50% worn. so still have plenty of life left on them. discs are plain. these have plenty of life in them so will not need either discs nor pads replacing for a long time to come. these are also the calipers with the piston dust covers, and require a minimum of 15" wheel to fit over the brakes.

When i come to need new disk i will probably put drilled and grooved on :)

#42 ·
(baker Bm service fantastic and they are sending me another mount and covering the cost of sending mine back so they can find out whats gone wrong A++ service 100% recommended!)

Anywho

Picked the new/second hand wilwoods up tonight :D

Fantastic condition. Well will probably paint them black, they are a dark midnight sort of purple at the moment so think some paint will freshen them up but other than that very good condition :)
Bigger than i thought they would be, hopefully it will stop as well as they look. Enough talking, picture time!

pepsi can for size comparison

The dog approves :)

#44 ·
Got the brakes on today and changed the gearbox mount and upper mount ecu side.

First impressions on brakes are they felt a bit spongy but once hot they seemed good but allot of brake pedal travel and they lock on quickly too. But once you get moving and hit the brakes there fantastic! think im going to need bigger servo or BMC or mabye both.

heres the pics, the car is absolutely filthy as are the wheels... Sorry :p

--------------

These are the STD rallye brakes, when we took them off the pads were due to be changed VERY soon anyway.

they seem tiny compared to the wilwoods, and look like something from a ship wreck!

here are the brakes just before bleeding, we wasn't sure weather they would fit under my 15" rims as they looked much bigger sat on the floor! luckily there is just enough room. Not allot though i must add...

Fitted, Much bigger! as you can see there's quite a bit of room for the disk but not allot from the caliper. Does look good though :)

car needs a clean though :(

One of the original calipers... Looks like something from a ship wreck!

Then we changed the powerflex gearbox mount to the baker Bm group n :) (no pics of the mount/bush on the press :( also the pic below isnt the powerflex one)

Group N gearbox mount

Then fitted the ecu side mount but no pics of that...

Long day, 20 to 6 and i need my bed! :O

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.