Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Detailing Products > The Official DetailingWorld™ Review Section > Tools / Towels / Other
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-06-2019, 11:50 PM   #1
Ant89
Unwashed Member

The Ultimate Detail Travel Case

So my quest for the ultimate grab bag is coming to a conclusion.

There is nothing on the market that meets my needs so I have decided to design my own take on it.

Would love to hear your thoughts and ideas!

So the brief for the case:

-Must be able to be transported via plane (checked in obviously)
-Must be mobile enough to carry by myself with other luggage.
-Must be able to accommodate everything needed for day to day valeting and detailing of a luxury fleet
-Budget no issue.

Brief for the contents, must have the following:

-Shampoo
-Full leather conditioning set
-Clay kit
-Glass cleaner and polish
-Trim/rubber kit
-Tyres and Alloys
-Ceramic top up
-PPF cleaner
-IPA
-APC
-Quick Detailer
-Metal polish
-Wood Polish
-All grades of wet and dry paper and wire wool.
-Enough Micro fibre clothes to last the summer (or at least a few weeks)
-Polish applicators
-Brushes (external/internal)
-Drying towels
-Glass towels
-Paint gauge
-Dryer/blower
-Waterless wash system

Possibly will contain DA and or rotary plus a limited range of compounds and pads.

So why have I set my self this challenge! Essentially I will be travelling all summer, away from our usual vehicle hubs and need to ensure the vehicles are prepped to the best possible level on a daily basis around Europe.

I have spent a small fortune preparing the cars with PPF or ceramic or both! My main vehicles to maintain will be a Rolls Royce Cullinan and a Bentley GTC Continetial among other exotic vehicles.

So il be posting what I have but what options Il be taking. My previous attempts at grab bags have been effective but they just have not been practical or met the needs of the above.

I am still finding my favourite brands and have recently been raping Slim's to find the best! My client prefers Swissvax but if I am honest, I have not been that impressed.

I am aiming to build a Swissvax/Chemical Guys Hybrid kit but any suggestions welcome!

《Admin feel free to move chat if not appropriate here》

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
Ant89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 11:59 PM   #2
Ant89
Unwashed Member

So what are my detailing credentials! Well, not many to be honest. Other than being a complete enthusiast since I was 16, I only started my official training with UK Detailing Academy this year. I have since been on a Flex training/demonstration day but have been working with my luxury fleet as part of work for the past year.

So I have tried the Autofinesse Bag, great bit of kit but too small, the Swissvax bags are great, but not for travelling with and are best left in the cars. Niethface bags are fantastic but there is no organisation and often bottles leak.

As stated the majority of the kit has to be swissvax, but the size of the bottles are great for travelling. I will be able to re-up if I roughly know where I am going to be and therefore can order.

So my plan is to find some sort of suitcase and customise or perhaps some sort of makeup carrier flight case.

Although a lot of these items have been purchased, I will back date a few of the decisions made.

The Following User Says Thank You to Ant89 For This Useful Post:
Cookies (07-06-2019)
Old 07-06-2019, 12:14 AM   #3
Ant89
Unwashed Member

So I have been using the Chemical Guys sprayer for water less washes. Using their fantastic watercress wash products diluted down. It's been quite fantastic for daily (hourly) washes especially with all this pollen around London. But I want something a little more.

I have also been using the meguires waterless wash products that have been incredable burning just get through so many bottles a week.

So after lots of research (too much youtube) I have ordered the Ammo Aerator and their waterless wash foam. Pretty steep at $125 a kit but the YouTube video sold me. Find out more about it here (Sorry cant seem to hyperlink on this app).
https://www.ammonyc.com/shop/hoseless-lift-kit-150/

In addition, if I am diluting my favourite products, I thought I'd use the mini mixing bottles by swiss vax. I have around 5 free that I will label up once I know what's going in it.

Let me know your thoughts!

As for blowers (especially if using petrol station jet washes!) I feel this is super important. Time saving and convenient but they take up too much space.

So welcome the new FLEX blower! (Thanks to Slim's for squaring this at such short notice).

The best thing about the blower is that it is small and cordless! Also uses the same battery as my cordless FLEX DA XFE as seen below.

So the hardware is complete. Light, transportable and good quality.

But next... what case!

Old 07-06-2019, 12:20 AM   #4
Ant89
Unwashed Member

So after much research on different storage solutions, I came back to the idea of a peli case. The Peli Air cases seem light enough and appear to have win some awards. I decided on the Peli Air 1510.

Rather than going for the divders, I have ordered foam so I can cut out for individual items. In addition I have gone for the lid organiser where il store my quick access clothes.

The top layer will have day to day bits such as tyres shine, alloy cleaner, glass and a quick detailer as well as my ammo aerator. The lower section will have all the waxes and top ups. Hoping there will be enough space for the DA!

In addition I have purchased some small Bentley, Swissvax decals as well as a little silver union Jack flag for the crate

This arrives Monday so I will keep you updated.

any feedback or ideas much appreciated!