Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Manufacturers and Private Label Brands > Manufacturers and Private Label Brands > Gtechniq
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Gtechniq Gtechniq was founded by quantum physicist Drew Gill in 2001, out of a total dissatisfaction with the performance of paint protection products at the time. Everything from waxes, to new-fangled polymers and PTFE based miracle treatments, nothing on the market offered any meaningful durability, either in looks, or protection. Worse still, he found that most of the products actually performed poorer than the paints they were supposed to protect. From this discontent came a simple idea, ‘To engineer the world’s most beautiful, perfectly finished, smartest and most intelligent surfaces. Surfaces that do much more than simply look great when new.’

Old 05-01-2019, 04:38 PM   #11
SystemClenz
DW Supporter

Thanked 1,739 Times in 1,141 Posts
As above, EXOv4 is a breeze to use over CSL, and yes wait a few hours before applying EXOv4, you’ll find it goes on and off much easier, it’s grabby if you do it too soon and can cause ghosting, it’s worth getting a couple haze busters from Gtechniq as your final buff cloths, well worth the money, and have 10-15 virgin cloths for removing the 2 coats of EXOv.4.
Also lighting is very important, if you don’t have decent lighting then these wands are excellent https://carpro.uk.com/products/detailwand

Hope that helps.
Facebook - Twitter - Website - Instagram - Email Us
SystemClenz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SystemClenz For This Useful Post:
tosh (05-01-2019)
Old 12-05-2019, 10:27 PM   #12
grunty-motor
Washmitt Meister

Rather than start a new topic.........about 6month ago did CSL and EXOv4 and mostly working very well. However under the mirrors, the coating seems to have stopped working and wasnt sheeting off the water. I just thought it was contaminated.

reading a few threads, tried citrus, fallout & tar in stages but no improvement. I then tried SRP to see if it would polish out. And sure enough the sheeting returned but as expected not to same standard.

Thought ok, Panel wipe to remove SRP and see if the sheeting problems return, but no- sheets the same as fresh SRP.

Long thread................but EXOv4 seems to had just failed?

So, do i just reapply EXO? How do i ensure SRP is fully removed? Surely the CSL is still there? but how do i check?
grunty-motor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 10:53 PM   #13
beatty599
PC Perfectionist

Quote:
Originally Posted by grunty-motor View Post
Rather than start a new topic.........about 6month ago did CSL and EXOv4 and mostly working very well. However under the mirrors, the coating seems to have stopped working and wasnt sheeting off the water. I just thought it was contaminated.

reading a few threads, tried citrus, fallout & tar in stages but no improvement. I then tried SRP to see if it would polish out. And sure enough the sheeting returned but as expected not to same standard.

Thought ok, Panel wipe to remove SRP and see if the sheeting problems return, but no- sheets the same as fresh SRP.

Long thread................but EXOv4 seems to had just failed?

So, do i just reapply EXO? How do i ensure SRP is fully removed? Surely the CSL is still there? but how do i check?
I've found Exo quite 'weak' for lack of a better term to All in One polishes, so my guess is that SRP has just removed the ExoV4 your CSL will be find though.

A liquid clay bar and chemical decontamination following by an ipa wipe down and you can apply the Exo to the paint. Note any remaining CSL and ExoV4 from when your first applied it, would be considered out of date.
beatty599 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to beatty599 For This Useful Post:
grunty-motor (13-05-2019)
Old 13-05-2019, 07:51 AM   #14
grunty-motor
Washmitt Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by beatty599 View Post
Note any remaining CSL and ExoV4 from when your first applied it, would be considered out of date.
Oh, never even thought about that! I wont be buying a new bottle for half a door!
Old 18-06-2019, 11:07 PM   #15
grunty-motor
Washmitt Meister

one more question...........are the microfibers to go to the bin after buffing off? Or does EXO v4 not crystallise like CSL?
Old 19-06-2019, 12:18 AM   #16
beatty599
PC Perfectionist

Quote:
Originally Posted by grunty-motor View Post
one more question...........are the microfibers to go to the bin after buffing off? Or does EXO v4 not crystallise like CSL?
Depends who you ask to be honest. I put them in the wash as soon as I finish a coat, and reuse them. Others demote them straight to engine and dirty jobs.

Either way don't just throw them out, you'll find a use for them.
beatty599 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2019, 04:31 PM   #17
organgrinder
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

and I have a bucket of warm soapy water which I throw them in after they have done a few panels - they then get washed and kept afterwards.
organgrinder is offline   Reply With Quote