Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Lifestyle > The Gaming Zone
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

The Gaming Zone Console Gaming, On Line Gaming in fact Electronic Gaming Lets be having you in here...

Old 10-10-2019, 12:30 AM   #41
WRX
Sponge Jockey

Goldeneye N64 is my favourite ever game and my worst game is a harder decision but I remember buying state of emergency from blockbuster for ps2 for about £40 because it looked good and think that 5 mins into the game i realised it was terrible. I’m sure there’s plenty games worse than that but that one sticks in my mind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
WRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 09:36 AM   #42
virgiltracey
PC Perfectionist

I don't really play modern video games but I do still love a few of the older ones, If anyone is like me and wants to carry on playing these ones I can highly reccomend getting an Android tablet and gamepad and some Software called "Retrox"

This is my setup below, the tablet is a Lenovo tab (£20 from facebook marketplace) and the gamepad is an ipega PG9023 which wraps around the tablet (also £20). This tablet is powerful enough to run NES, SNES, Sega, most PS1, most N64 and some dreamcast, however a better tablet would definitely run more demanding games better!

(Goldeneye works perfectly luckily!)

Colin McRae Rally 2.0

Tomb Raider 2

virgiltracey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 05:19 AM   #43
Andysp
Washmitt Meister

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by virgiltracey View Post
I don't really play modern video games but I do still love a few of the older ones, If anyone is like me and wants to carry on playing these ones I can highly reccomend getting an Android tablet and gamepad and some Software called "Retrox"

This is my setup below, the tablet is a Lenovo tab (£20 from facebook marketplace) and the gamepad is an ipega PG9023 which wraps around the tablet (also £20). This tablet is powerful enough to run NES, SNES, Sega, most PS1, most N64 and some dreamcast, however a better tablet would definitely run more demanding games better!

(Goldeneye works perfectly luckily!)

Colin McRae Rally 2.0

Tomb Raider 2

That set up looks really good,i've an older tablet coming to the end of it's useful life,what specs are the lenovo tab? could virtually any android tablet run the emulators,very interested in that set up if they could?

For me one of the best series would be Bioshock and the first couple of halo titles,can't really think of a bad one although anything on cassette from the spectrum,c64 days would be a contender for load times and fragility alone.
Andysp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 09:47 AM   #44
virgiltracey
PC Perfectionist

Cheers Andy, I find that most tablets can at least run some NES, SNES and Sega games, its only the heavier graphic games that stumble.

This tab is an older Lenovo Tab2 A7, 1gb ram and a qaud core 1.3GHz processor, I bought it for £20 second hand initially just to watch stuff on whilst travelling but I've found it's come into it's own for playing games, especially when flying! (I had a 13 hour flight last week, so this was used a lot!)

At home I have an Nvidea Shield TV box which is essentially an Android games console, I use it for all the TV streaming, Netflix etc but it does handle the bigger games much better than the tab, no lagging and the graphics and soundtrack stay super consistent, it isn't a cheap solution though!
virgiltracey is offline   Reply With Quote