Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Detailing Products > Waxes, Sealants & Paint Protection
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Waxes, Sealants & Paint Protection Sponsored by DODO JUICE Light Fantastic , Banana Armour, Orange Crush, Rainforest Rub, Purple Haze - www.dodojuice.com

Old 04-10-2019, 08:12 AM   #21
BarryAllen
Washmitt Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthantsPete View Post
I would say, it just didnt feel any better than anything else, Im used to meguirs which whilst expensive for a retail product, it works and is EASY. This stuff was just filling all my chips and scratches with white residue and was a paint to apply/take off. I just didnt care for it.

Our cars in the uk become nearly impossible to clean as the weather is always bias to rain.... salt on the roads gets on the cars and dust/pollen is immediate, so for me, I need speed and protection

Have you tried Sonax BSD? It puts a lot of waxes to shame, defo puts my fusso to shame yet takes 1/10th of the time to apply and overspray is no issue on plastics unlike white marks of fusso.

If stuck for time/bad weather, get into spray sealants or polymers, theyre life and time savers - i have a Volvo I try to keep nice, and so the effort is 4 times that of the Audi TT i also detail... the audi i can spend a little more time on as its so small ,the volvo takes two full days to do inside and out, and thats rushing.

I tend to just claybar, 1-2 times a year, SRP when the paint dulls, and have a coat of meguirs NXT on there. I then top up with Sonax BSD now and then but after every wash spray a polymer on it (something like demon shine or any bulk polymer spray wax) as I dry the car which keep severything underneath protected... so when that fails, it falls onto Sonax, and Sonax lasts ages anyway - the car never stops beading all year round no matter how lazy I am. You could just claybar and Sonax it when needed and you'd be sorted.
This ^^^

Ditch the SRP... and either find a dry and wipe protectant to use everytime you wash the car.... list is endless.. AG Prizm already mentioned, the new TW one, DJ Future Armour....to name a few. But you need to wash with a pure shampoo.

Or seal the paint correctly AFTER a panel wipe... maybe use a wash and wax type shampoo... and then dry with a light touch polymer... again several mentioned BSD, Demon Plan.. or a QD like TW Clean and Shine or the Carplan Trade Wax.

Wouldn't be getting bogged down with what is not bonding to what and why. Providing you are not going months between washes, apply something everytime you dry and the job is a good 'un
BarryAllen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2019, 07:48 AM   #22
shelton
Washmitt Meister

Hi there from Soft99 HQ in Japan.

Fusso Coat is a hybrid wax-coating.
It is a applied like a wax, but it contains monomers that bond to the paint surface, then to each other to make a solid coating, just like a ceramic coating, but Fluoropolymer rather silicon polymer based. The monomers are specifically designed to bond to paint. Therefore, if the paint is not completely clean, the coating will not form properly.

It is not a case of what product is compatible.
Fusso Coat is only compatible with one substance: paint.

BTW you can get Soft99 products in Bulgaria here:
https://detailingbg.com/produkt-kate...%d0%b8/soft99/
shelton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2019, 02:00 PM   #23
tishobg
Sponge Jockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelton View Post
Hi there from Soft99 HQ in Japan.

Fusso Coat is a hybrid wax-coating.
It is a applied like a wax, but it contains monomers that bond to the paint surface, then to each other to make a solid coating, just like a ceramic coating, but Fluoropolymer rather silicon polymer based. The monomers are specifically designed to bond to paint. Therefore, if the paint is not completely clean, the coating will not form properly.

It is not a case of what product is compatible.
Fusso Coat is only compatible with one substance: paint.

BTW you can get Soft99 products in Bulgaria here:
https://detailingbg.com/produkt-kate...%d0%b8/soft99/
Shelton, thank you for the reply. I have applied Fusso Light to two cars at the moment - a car previously coated with Autoglym SRP and a car with perfectly bare paint. I do similar washes on both and I'll monitor the durability - I'm interested in seeing how much SRP affects the durability - I'm not striving for the 12 months, but rather 6.

Would it be possible for you to respond to a few questions I have regarding Fusso Coat in general?

1. Would you recommend Light still on a lightly colored car if the paint is properly cleaned?
2. Can you comment on durability between Light and Dark?
3. I have read Dark contains more Carnauba while Light more solvents to clean the paint - if the paint is clean, will they produce exact same results or is there a, for example, darkening effect with Dark and a more mirror shine with Light on a lightly colored car OR just more gloss with Dark?
4. What has been changed for the Fusso Coat 2019 edition? Do those changes affect durability and hydrophobicity? I'm sure most people have seen Jon's at Forensics Detailing Channel review of Fusso 2019 and he suspects a worse durability. I think an insight from a Soft99 employee will respond best to such a claim.
5. Would the cleaning abilities of Light strip/impact a glaze previously applied beneath more than the lack thereof in the Dark? How strong exactly are the cleaning abilities of Light and to how much of an extend they actually clean? Are they strong enough to eliminate a certain stage in the prep stages?
6. Is the claimed 12-month durability to be expected without topping up the layer of Fusso with Quick Detailers and just leave it be?

I'm trying to decide which to buy (Dark or Light), even though my cars are sky blue metallic and some form if silver metallic, but I prep my paint before application anyways thus a cleaning ability at the expense of gloss isn't needed. Currently use Light and I'm happy with the results, but if glossier finish can by achieved, I'm all for it.

I'm sorry for the ton of questions, but products aren't cheap compared to our economic and Fusso lasts ages so would like to make the most informed decision.

Last edited by tishobg; 15-10-2019 at 02:07 PM.
tishobg is offline   Reply With Quote