Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Detailing Products > Tools -Machine polishers, Pressure Washers, Detailing Equipment & Microfiber
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Tools -Machine polishers, Pressure Washers, Detailing Equipment & Microfiber Sponsored by Detailed Clean : – 303 | 3M | Auto Finesse | Bilt Hamber | Blackfire | Black Mamba | Bouncer's | Britemax | California Scents | CarPro | Chemical Guys | Collinite | Crakalicious | Dakota Products | Dodo Juice | G3 Pro | Gtechniq | Koch Chemie | Lake Country | Meguiars | Menzerna | Muc-Off | Nanolex | OPT | Pinnacle | Poorboys World | Rupes | Sam's Detailing | Scholl Concepts | Soft99 | Sonax | Sonus | Stoner | Valet Pro | Victoria Wax | Wolfgang | Zaino | e-Gift Certificates | Trade Accounts | www.DetailedClean.co.uk

Old 15-10-2019, 09:25 PM   #1
lijongtao
Washmitt Meister

Karcher K5 lance woes...

Hi all

So finally we got a dry day to clean and wax the car and yet again I am having problems with the K5.

I'd been using the dirt blaster lance last time so I wanted to switch lances to the variable one used for washing the car. It is the bayonet fitting and for the life of me, I could not get the lance on.

Has anyone else experienced problems changing heads over on Karchers? I could push it down but it wouldn't allow me to twist it into its lock position. I have tried one of the short trigger ones but didn't get on with it as I use a patio cleaner often so that's not an option.

I may even change pressure washers as I spend more time trying to fit things into this one than actually cleaning the car. I've been looking at the Kranzle K10 and the Nilfisk. I just wonder of the Nilfisk is well made as the youtube videos of the lances look plastic, like the Karcher.

Any thoughts on a new machine would be helpful too.

Thanks Li
lijongtao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2019, 09:33 PM   #2
ianrobbo1
The Jokes Man

Thanked 3,298 Times in 1,757 Posts
Garage
I've had similar experiences, I put down to me being weedy, my eldest just takes it off me and walla it's done!! could you add a bit of grease on the connections
ianrobbo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ianrobbo1 For This Useful Post:
lijongtao (15-10-2019)
Old 15-10-2019, 10:09 PM   #3
lijongtao
Washmitt Meister

I used silicone spray today and my sons had a go at turning it too and no joy. I dread changing lances, it is always the same. Shouldn't grumble, it was given to me by my father who upgraded to a Nilfisk.

Think I need to bite the bullet. :-(
lijongtao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2019, 11:51 AM   #4
GleemSpray
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Thanked 2,551 Times in 1,726 Posts
Its the combo of spring + O ring that does this imo of having used a K4 for quite a few years.

They can be quite impossible to get on or off sometimes, if they have been laying up for a while.

My suggestion, fwiw, is to try running some quite warm / hot (not boiling) water from a kettle over the recessed area that accepts the connector, then try again.

i wouldn't use oil of any sort.

Good luck.
GleemSpray is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GleemSpray For This Useful Post:
lijongtao (17-10-2019)
Old 16-10-2019, 03:33 PM   #5
Cookies
Distinguished Detailer + Dw Reviewer

Thanked 6,059 Times in 4,268 Posts
Garage
At a risk of dragging this thread down into the gutter, smear a bit of vaseline around the male end of the lance fitting. I had the same issue with my K7, and it has sorted it completely. Need to reapply occasionally, but it's been grand since.

Hope you get sorted.

Cooks

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Cookies is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Cookies For This Useful Post:
lijongtao (17-10-2019)
Old 16-10-2019, 04:01 PM   #6
neilb62
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Send a message via MSN to neilb62
My K5 keeps leaving part of the wand (the yellow connector bit) stuck in the lance after I take the end of to fit my foam-lance, I have to dig it out with pliers. Never had this sort of problems in years of having Karcher washers!
neilb62 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to neilb62 For This Useful Post:
Cookies (17-10-2019)
Old 17-10-2019, 08:25 AM   #7
Gheezer
Washmitt Meister

Same thing with my new K4. Contact Karcher, explain in detail, send image of serial nmber from machine, proof of purchase and in a week a new trigger gun appears at your door. Excellent Customer service.
Gheezer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Gheezer For This Useful Post:
neilb62 (17-10-2019)