Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Detailing Products > Polish/Cleaners/Compounds/Glaze
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Polish/Cleaners/Compounds/Glaze Discuss Polish/Cleaners/Compounds and Glaze here

Old 29-09-2019, 05:47 PM   #1
Damun
Unwashed Member

Garage
Soft99 Micro Liquid Compound prior to Fusso 99 coat?

Hello Detailing World!
This is my first post here. Greetings from Denmark

I have a question regarding use of "Soft99 Micro Liquid Compound" prior to "Soft99 Fusso Coat 12 Months Wax":

I am about to prepare my car for the winter. As i live in a city and my car is parked outside i would like a more durable coating (protection over looks for the winter), so I thought i'd give "Soft99 Fusso Coat 12 Months Wax" a try. I am aware that this particular wax is best applied directly onto the paint (i.e. no "layering" of other products).

When i bought the wax i also bought the "Soft99 Micro Liquid Compound Light & Metallic" for cleaning, polishing and preparing the paint for the Fusso wax. However, as I recently became aware, this product is also a "glaze".

Normally you can treat a car with glaze prior to waxing, but is this procedure recomended with the Fusso wax? Does the "Micro Liquid Compund leave a residue on the car which would affect the Fusso Wax coating? Should i use a non-glaze cleaner?
Damun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2019, 05:54 PM   #2
vectra
PC Perfectionist

If it is a glaze I would not use it.
Better maybe clay first, then 2 extremely light coats of Fusso 24 hours apart.
Some people say 6 hours apart, I prefer 24.
vectra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2019, 06:27 PM   #3
Damun
Unwashed Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by vectra View Post
If it is a glaze I would not use it.
Better maybe clay first, then 2 extremely light coats of Fusso 24 hours apart.
Some people say 6 hours apart, I prefer 24.
I am actually not 100% sure that "Soft99 Micro Liquid Compound" is a glaze. It said so on the website where i bought it, but i haven't been able to confirm it.
However, it does "fill in" minor scratches, and it comes in a "light" and "dark" variant.
Old 29-09-2019, 07:41 PM   #4
GSVHammer
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Garage
Someone has tried it.

GSVHammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2019, 08:11 PM   #5
Damun
Unwashed Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSVHammer View Post
I saw that video too. Unfortunately it's all in polish (no pun intended). I don't think that they comment on the longevity/durability of the Fusso Wax when applied after the Micro Liquid Compound.

From what i've read on the interweb, Fusso Wax is best to apply directly on the paint if you want it to last longer. I don't expect it to last 12 months, even though Soft99 claims it's a "12 month wax", but i'd like it to last as long as possible, and preferrably all winter (6 months).
Old 29-09-2019, 08:26 PM   #6
vectra
PC Perfectionist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damun View Post
I saw that video too. Unfortunately it's all in polish (no pun intended). I don't think that they comment on the longevity/durability of the Fusso Wax when applied after the Micro Liquid Compound.

From what i've read on the interweb, Fusso Wax is best to apply directly on the paint if you want it to last longer. I don't expect it to last 12 months, even though Soft99 claims it's a "12 month wax", but i'd like it to last as long as possible, and preferrably all winter (6 months).
Just because somebody tried that combo, doesn't mean it works,
Yes, it possibly gives better gloss levels. But at the cost of durability I reckon,
I have got 6 Month + out of 2 coats of Fusso.
Different winter to what you get I would imagine though.
vectra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2019, 08:54 PM   #7
Damun
Unwashed Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by vectra View Post
Just because somebody tried that combo, doesn't mean it works,
Yes, it possibly gives better gloss levels. But at the cost of durability I reckon,
I have got 6 Month + out of 2 coats of Fusso.
Different winter to what you get I would imagine though.
6 months + is very good, compared to the waxes I've used so far.
The winters over here have become quite mild and rainy, with mild frost during the night. I guess it's not that different from Ireland. We do have occasional snow. The problem from a carowners point of view is that a lot of salt is sprayed on the roads to keep them from freezing. It's quite harsh on our vehicles. That's why i want to try the Fusso Wax.
The Following User Says Thank You to Damun For This Useful Post:
vectra (29-09-2019)
Old 01-10-2019, 02:47 PM   #8
Damun
Unwashed Member

Garage
I've decided not use the Soft99 micro liquid. I'll use it in the spring with some other Soft99 wax. For a pre-Fusso treatment i've opted for the Angelwax Perfect Polish. Hopefully it will work out.
Old 15-10-2019, 05:39 PM   #9
Damun
Unwashed Member

Garage
So just an update:
Since i had the time and the weather was good, i decided to prepare my car for the winter. I know it's a bit early, but i'm not sure that i'll have the time/weather combo before winter starts. Anyway, here's what i did (all by hand):

1) Thorough hand wash (using Sonax orange shampoo)
2) Clay (Carpro green + Immolube)
3) Angelwax Perfect Polish
4) Sonax Xtreme Plastic renovator (to prevent white residue from the wax)
5) First Fusso coat
After 12h
6) Second Fusso coat

This is the first time i've used Fusso. And, yes, i did apply too much even after reading about it , so the buffing off after the first Fusso coat was a PITA.
The shine i got on my white, non-metallic car is fantastic and the car is incredibly smooth to the touch.

The only downside: The sun came out (after i dryed off/polished the second Fusso coat) and the car attracted a lot of flies. I had to do some other stuff and when i came back there was a lot of flysh*t on my white car .
So i picked off the tiny black spots with my fingernail and applied som Fusso again. This time it was a bit windy , so no flies .

Now i just hope that the wax will last through the winter.
Soft99 reccomends using Fukupika QD spray (e.g. to use after wash), so i am probably going to get myself a Fukupika Strong QD bottle.

Last edited by Damun; 15-10-2019 at 05:41 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Damun For This Useful Post:
vectra (19-10-2019)
Old 20-10-2019, 04:44 PM   #10
Damun
Unwashed Member

Garage
So much for all my hard work: Yesterday I got rear-ended. Rear hatch and rear bumper cracked. Well, at least i had 5 days of protection...

Last edited by Damun; 20-10-2019 at 05:24 PM.

Tags
fusso99, micro liquid compund