Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Manufacturers and Private Label Brands > Manufacturers and Private Label Brands > Gtechniq
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Gtechniq Gtechniq was founded by quantum physicist Drew Gill in 2001, out of a total dissatisfaction with the performance of paint protection products at the time. Everything from waxes, to new-fangled polymers and PTFE based miracle treatments, nothing on the market offered any meaningful durability, either in looks, or protection. Worse still, he found that most of the products actually performed poorer than the paints they were supposed to protect. From this discontent came a simple idea, ‘To engineer the world’s most beautiful, perfectly finished, smartest and most intelligent surfaces. Surfaces that do much more than simply look great when new.’

Old 12-04-2011, 08:21 PM   #11
dooka
DW Supporter & Woollie Pad Man

Thanked 2,442 Times in 1,617 Posts
Garage
^^
Yes, and works a treat, as does a microfibre applicator..

G3 just won't work on my screen, no matter how I clean or apply . Reverted back to the tried and tested Carlack ..

Nice thread. Thanks..
dooka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 08:25 PM   #12
DW58
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Thanked 1,726 Times in 1,327 Posts
Garage
There was someone a month or so back mentioned he had used them, I seem to recall he reported problems.

I don't think I would try them - I get great results using an MF applicator pad to put on and an MF cloth to wipe off, no reason to change. I'll keep the make-up pads for C4 & C5, plus C1 if I ever pluck up the courage to use it.
DW58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 08:55 PM   #13
E38_ross

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeaTimer View Post
What's the relevance of the C3 if you have C2/ C1.
added under the C3 section. though i'd obviously rather not turn this thread into what the products can be used for. this is just a how to apply thread.

i've also added about the cotton applicator pads for C2.

it's not up to me to make this a sticky, i believe rob has to ask for that. i know he's a busy chap but if he spots it and thinks it's worthwhile then i'm sure he'll contact a mod to get it made sticky.
E38_ross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 09:00 PM   #14
E38_ross

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeaTimer View Post
Gtechniq should pay you a small commission.
to be fair, their customer care has been nothing short of perfect to me. they aren't the biggest group in the world and this took me all of 20-30mins or so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeroandy View Post
C1, C4 and G1 all have videos on how to apply them by GTechniq on youtube
i'm tempted to find the links and post them under the relevant products. what do you think?
Old 12-04-2011, 09:02 PM   #15
DW58

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by E21_ross View Post
to be fair, their customer care has been nothing short of perfect to me. they aren't the biggest group in the world and this took me all of 20-30mins or so.
Hear hear - GTechniq's customer service is second to none.
Old 13-04-2011, 04:01 PM   #16
E38_ross

Garage
edited to add basic curing times that should be adhered to (i.e. before getting wet!)
Old 13-04-2011, 09:03 PM   #17
hutchingsp

Regards the make-up pad question, thanks for the feedback, seems one for and one against so at some point I'll just have to try it.

My thinking was simply that Microfiber tends to apply and buff in one go unless it's pretty damp which potentially means wasting product, perhaps not though.
hutchingsp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2011, 09:15 PM   #18
Superspec

Garage
I think with these products the microfibre would absorb them too much. G1 is only 15ml and I only just had enough for a C class saloon using the make up pads. C5 I had in 25ml and it did 4 18" wheels with a bit left. Not sure I would have got that coverage with a MF.

Also, you wouldn't want to buff at the same time as applying. These products need a bit of time to cure.

I would only use the stuff Gtechniq supply, they know their product best!

Last edited by Superspec; 13-04-2011 at 09:18 PM. Reason: Added a bit
Superspec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2011, 09:20 PM   #19
DW58

Garage
Just a thought - I use an MF pad, but I spray C2 direct onto the panel and work in with the pad, I then buff off with an MF cloth. I don't find the pad gets that damp to be honest - I'm pretty sure I'm getting good coverage - well I know I am, I can see it going on. I don't think there's a massive difference whatever method you use. To give my Golf the full works including both bumpers and right down onto the skirts, takes about 25-30 ml of C2.

There's nothing stopping you using the makeup pads, but if they were the ideal method why don't GTechniq suggest using them? In my opinion the make-up pads are best suited to the lacquer-type coatings, i.e. C1, C4, C5 & G1.
Old 13-04-2011, 09:42 PM   #20
E38_ross

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superspec View Post
I think with these products the microfibre would absorb them too much. G1 is only 15ml and I only just had enough for a C class saloon using the make up pads. C5 I had in 25ml and it did 4 18" wheels with a bit left. Not sure I would have got that coverage with a MF.

Also, you wouldn't want to buff at the same time as applying. These products need a bit of time to cure.

I would only use the stuff Gtechniq supply, they know their product best!
if you read the thread, you will find that not once did I say use an mf cloth for g1, c1, c4 or c5. it was just for c2 where we were saying use an mf cloth or a cotton pad. read what I put in the post and it should become clearer. gtechniq suggest an mf cloth. you must have misread somewhere mate