Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Manufacturers and Private Label Brands > Manufacturers and Private Label Brands > Gtechniq
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Gtechniq Gtechniq was founded by quantum physicist Drew Gill in 2001, out of a total dissatisfaction with the performance of paint protection products at the time. Everything from waxes, to new-fangled polymers and PTFE based miracle treatments, nothing on the market offered any meaningful durability, either in looks, or protection. Worse still, he found that most of the products actually performed poorer than the paints they were supposed to protect. From this discontent came a simple idea, ‘To engineer the world’s most beautiful, perfectly finished, smartest and most intelligent surfaces. Surfaces that do much more than simply look great when new.’

Old 13-04-2011, 10:10 PM   #21
johnnyguitar
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Garage
Good stuff, nice one.
johnnyguitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2011, 11:39 PM   #22
gtechrob
Gtechniq UK

Thanked 3,386 Times in 1,858 Posts
Hi Ross,

Really great guides. We are in the process of completely redesigning our labels with much clearer instructions but these type of things always seem to take a ridiculously long time.

impressive guide - As Mr Vader says "Obi-Wan has taught you well." - couple of edits needed though.

C2 doesn't need to cure so once applied you can drive straight out into the rain.

C4 application should be done in the shade and the surface should be relatively cool. Apply and then remove excess (remove - do not buff) residue immediately afterwards - don't wait for 30-60 seconds.

G1. Instructions are spot on. I would also add that if you are doing all the glass then apply one coat to the front screen first then apply to all the other glass and then again to the windscreen. Wait 5 mins (10 if < 10C) and then apply the final coat. Wait 15 mins (20 if <10c) and then do the buffing as you have described.

G4 - no need to waste a microfibre cloth for this - just use a terry towel type cloth or even an old t-shirt.

i1 - fabric must be bone dry before applying. trick for application is to get as much of the product soaked into the fabric as possible without leaving any pools of product on the surface. after spraying onto a fabric surface you may find it beneficial to dab the surface with a cloth to force product into the fibres.

W2 remains stable in solution.

L1 - ensure that your leather is thoroughly clean and dry (use w2 and then wipe down wiht a damp cloth) prior to application. Spray L1 liberally onto one microfibre cloth and wipe onto all surfaces and then buff any excess with a second dry microfibre cloth. The coating will be fully cured in approximately 30 minutes but it is safe to sit on the treated surface as soon as it is dry.

will ask bill to apply his sticky tape to this thread in the am. off to zzz.

rob

ps - we are also planning to do more instruction vids in the forthcoming.
gtechrob is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to gtechrob For This Useful Post:
buck-egit (14-04-2011), DW58 (13-04-2011), JonnyG (08-05-2011), minifield (14-04-2011), orion613719 (14-04-2011)
Old 13-04-2011, 11:48 PM   #23
Aeroandy

L1 is a spray now?
Aeroandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2011, 08:36 AM   #24
E38_ross

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtechrob View Post
some valuable stuff
cheers rob, really good stuff there. Have edited the 1st post to include all of that information so now i'ts pretty much complete as far as i can tell.

Ross.
E38_ross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2011, 10:50 AM   #25
gtechrob
Gtechniq UK

Thanked 3,386 Times in 1,858 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeroandy View Post
L1 is a spray now?
yes - but just as easy to pour onto a cloth and then apply.
gtechrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2011, 08:18 PM   #26
minifield
Sponge Jockey

sticky please?

With the G4 is it just wipe on work in then wipe off straight away? as ive been leaving it to cure then find its a **** to remove

Thanks, Great thread and lots of good information

Last edited by minifield; 14-04-2011 at 08:23 PM.
minifield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2011, 09:12 PM   #27
E38_ross

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by minifield View Post
sticky please?

With the G4 is it just wipe on work in then wipe off straight away? as ive been leaving it to cure then find its a **** to remove

Thanks, Great thread and lots of good information
i've personally found no need to leave it to cure....after all, polishes don't cure. if you find it hard to remove, try dabbing a few ml of water onto your buffing cloth, that should see if a little easier to remove, or even some IPA if you have any; just make sure that (if applying G1 or G3 afterwards) that the glass is bone dry.

hope that helps.
The Following User Says Thank You to E38_ross For This Useful Post:
minifield (15-04-2011)
Old 14-04-2011, 09:18 PM   #28
Keiron
Washmitt Meister

Has anyone any hints how to get my newly acquired C4 into the devious nooks and crannies of my front grille? More importantly, how to buff it off?
Keiron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2011, 09:22 PM   #29
E38_ross

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keiron View Post
Has anyone any hints how to get my newly acquired C4 into the devious nooks and crannies of my front grille? More importantly, how to buff it off?
hmmm, try cotton pad somehow attached round something like a pencil??? same goes with an MF cloth, though maybe you'll have to cut one up a bit? depends on the grill to be honest....?
Old 14-04-2011, 09:23 PM   #30
DW58

Thanked 1,726 Times in 1,327 Posts
Garage
What sort of grill - mine was fairly straight forward with only the inner portion of the sloping slats being slightly less accessible.
DW58 is offline   Reply With Quote