Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Technical > Machine Polishing
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Machine Polishing Need help with Machine polishing

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-10-2019, 02:36 PM   #11
\Rian
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)
 
\Rian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Taunton
Posts: 1,530
Thanks: 32
Thanked 519 Times in 426 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crackfox View Post
Happy with the prep work, and ot too concerned with damaging the paint with a DA. Read/watched alot over the years and it doesnt seem to be rocket science.

I've looked at all of the pads I think. Mainly thinking hex logic, but as said, not sure how well they run on the guild.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Honda paint is soft and you can easaly burn thr paint saying "Read/watched alot over the years and it doesn't seem to be rocket science." is very nieve and a little stupid, pros that have been polishing for years would not agree with that atall!!!

If like you say its not rocket science then why you asking for advice?

Appologies if I come across as blunt but that type of attitude is stupid, you can watch all the videos you want but that does not compair to practice
\Rian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 04:08 PM   #12
PugIain
Distinguished Detailer
 
PugIain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Blundell Park
Posts: 8,256
Thanks: 368
Thanked 2,889 Times in 2,258 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crackfox View Post
Ah ok. I'm in Stally.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Well if you see a silver GT 86 being driven by an orange beard, stay out the way

Sent from my VFD 710 using Tapatalk
PugIain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 05:45 PM   #13
Crackfox
Unwashed Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 26
Thanks: 2
Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by \Rian View Post
Honda paint is soft and you can easaly burn thr paint saying "Read/watched alot over the years and it doesn't seem to be rocket science." is very nieve and a little stupid, pros that have been polishing for years would not agree with that atall!!!



If like you say its not rocket science then why you asking for advice?



Appologies if I come across as blunt but that type of attitude is stupid, you can watch all the videos you want but that does not compair to practice
Doesnt make me a plasterer either, but I manage to do my house to a good standard from a single YouTube video. Also not a mechanic, with not formal training, or ever watched a video, bit I can still work out how to fix my car. I've also just sanded, clear coated and hand polished my headlights, because it isn't rocket science, doesnt mean I'm a pro or want to work in a body shop. But I'll leave the before and after in for fun.


I just asked for some advice on pads and the conpatabilty with the DA I've chosen, else I'll just buy one of each and work back from fine to course and see what happens. In the unlucky event that a DA with some 3800 and a black hex pad rips all the paint from my car, I'll get it fixed. Just thought I'd ask some advice to be sure, rather than buy one of everything for the sake of it and crack play suck it and see....



Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Crackfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 05:46 PM   #14
Crackfox
Unwashed Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 26
Thanks: 2
Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PugIain View Post
Well if you see a silver GT 86 being driven by an orange beard, stay out the way

Sent from my VFD 710 using Tapatalk
If its orange I assume I'd smell you first....

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Crackfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 07:13 PM   #15
big dave 666
PC Perfectionist
 
big dave 666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Shrewsbury
Posts: 407
Thanks: 147
Thanked 180 Times in 137 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rian View Post
Honda paint is soft and you can easaly burn thr paint saying "Read/watched alot over the years and it doesn't seem to be rocket science." is very nieve and a little stupid, pros that have been polishing for years would not agree with that atall!!!

If like you say its not rocket science then why you asking for advice?

Appologies if I come across as blunt but that type of attitude is stupid, you can watch all the videos you want but that does not compair to practice
You can't help some people dude!!
big dave 666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 07:42 PM   #16
Crackfox
Unwashed Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 26
Thanks: 2
Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by big dave 666 View Post
You can't help some people dude!!
Must have missed were being called stupid is helpful....

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Crackfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 08:04 PM   #17
big dave 666
PC Perfectionist
 
big dave 666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Shrewsbury
Posts: 407
Thanks: 147
Thanked 180 Times in 137 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crackfox View Post
Must have missed were being called stupid is helpful....

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
I assume you mean "where" not were.
big dave 666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 08:19 PM   #18
Mark@PD
Washmitt Meister
 
Mark@PD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: N. Ireland
Posts: 247
Thanks: 25
Thanked 85 Times in 57 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crackfox View Post
If its orange I assume I'd smell you first....

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Are you a former Bootie?
Mark@PD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 08:51 PM   #19
Crackfox
Unwashed Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 26
Thanks: 2
Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by big dave 666 View Post
I assume you mean "where" not were.
Possibly, never been great with those, genuinely dyslexic. Thanks for pointing that out though, since the only reason to bother is to try and offend me, try harder next time.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Crackfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 08:55 PM   #20
Crackfox
Unwashed Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 26
Thanks: 2
Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark@PD View Post
Are you a former Bootie?
No sorry, I am not, nor have I ever been a small shoe or a pirates treasure. If however you reference to another meaning of the word then still no, but I was and still am a blue job.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Crackfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 12:16 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
DTO Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

vB.Sponsors
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
DTO Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

vB.Sponsors