Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Detailing Products > Waxes, Sealants & Paint Protection
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Waxes, Sealants & Paint Protection Sponsored by DODO JUICE Light Fantastic , Banana Armour, Orange Crush, Rainforest Rub, Purple Haze - www.dodojuice.com

Old 11-10-2019, 09:49 AM   #21
Fatboy40
Washmitt Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cueball View Post
At least they are registered at companies house as a Manufacture of cleaning and polishing preparations.

That is where most of the fake manufacturers fall down, most of the are listed as retailers

Sounds like you're as "obsessed" as I am (running credit checks and checking Companies House registrations of them )
Fatboy40 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fatboy40 For This Useful Post:
66Rob (17-10-2019), The Cueball (11-10-2019)
Old 11-10-2019, 10:06 AM   #22
The Cueball
The Devil's Advocate

Thanked 12,115 Times in 6,777 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatboy40 View Post
Sounds like you're as "obsessed" as I am (running credit checks and checking Companies House registrations of them )

I’m logged in there most days, so like to have a look.

Fatboy40 (11-10-2019)
Old 15-10-2019, 05:10 PM   #23
chillly
Mr Indecisive

Thanked 1,387 Times in 1,208 Posts
A simple Question i thought but some of your replies WTF

Thanks for those that added value and information!
So apart from Autoglym there is no one else ??
chillly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2019, 05:54 PM   #24
EliteCarCare
Approved DW Trader

Thanked 2,500 Times in 1,733 Posts
Send a message via MSN to EliteCarCare
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillly View Post
A simple Question i thought but some of your replies WTF

Thanks for those that added value and information!
So apart from Autoglym there is no one else ??
Bouncer's blend all of their waxes and liquids from raw materials in-house, and very good they are too!

Alex

Contact us on 01628 671213 for friendly advice or to place an order.

EliteCarCare is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to EliteCarCare For This Useful Post:
The_Bouncer (15-10-2019), WHIZZER (17-10-2019)
Old 15-10-2019, 07:00 PM   #25
The_Bouncer
DW Sponsor - 'No, you can't come in'

Location: It isnt all fluffy clouds, flash cars and big cash all the time
Thanked 5,731 Times in 1,889 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EliteCarCare View Post
Bouncer's blend all of their waxes and liquids from raw materials in-house, and very good they are too!

Alex
Thank you Alex - We are one of the very few in the UK that do. However, and I must add, I'm not sure what importance people really place on that these days. - The market is going backwards it seems, very price driven with no concern if the product works.

Waxes aside, I've never sold a liquid product because it was handmade, made by us etc. - The last product we launched which is quite a neatly, technical product that we spent a long time R&D on - literally the day it was launched we had the typical "Well, I'll stick with blah, blah that I can buy for 50p cheaper on amazon/ebay etc etc"

Quite frustrating trying to bring something new, different to the market when the majority of critiques are based on price, and social media quotes of 'the stuff I use is better, so nerr nerr - heres my affiliate link to buy what I use, use my link for 10% off. ' when they have not even tried our offering !. Too busy spamming the media boards.

It's going back to the old world of big bottles for cheap bucks. ".. 5 Litres for a tenner - cor, I'll have some of that, don't care how it performs as it just cost a tenner - happy days..." - It's quite sad but we'll continue to plough through the muddle out there and continue to bring our blends to the market.

If you are looking for a in house, own recipes, can't buy anywhere else, then we would be pleased to help.

If you want big bottles of coloured water cheaply priced with minimal active content - Then there are many other 'brands' out there that can assist you.

Thank you

J

Handcrafted, Handpoured Premium Car Wax - Made in the UK

Facebook: PropaProtection
Twitter: PropaProtection
Instagram: instagram.com/bouncerswax/
The_Bouncer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to The_Bouncer For This Useful Post:
EliteCarCare (15-10-2019), f4780y (15-10-2019), macca666 (17-10-2019), mayhem85 (18-10-2019), sm81 (15-10-2019)
Old 15-10-2019, 08:07 PM   #26
Harry_p
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek-Eddleston View Post
In my travels around the UK I have passed an ESSO refinery but I have yet to see the ASDA/COOP/Tesco/Costco equivalents. Your question could be asked about lots of things.

Derek.
But if Tesco fuel suddenly cost £3.00 a litre with claims of it basing an amazing wonder fuel which lasted longer and cleaned your engine better, yet looked, smelled and made your car run exactly the same than you'd probably be a bit suspicious and do some research to see where it came from and whether it was from the exact same place as everywhere else selling it for £1.20.
Harry_p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2019, 03:37 PM   #27
\Rian

Garage
Not sure about ceramics but Car-Chem Ltd make alot of their own stuff as they will make it for other companies also
\Rian is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to \Rian For This Useful Post:
WHIZZER (17-10-2019)
Old 17-10-2019, 12:03 AM   #28
Sheep

Send a message via MSN to Sheep
I understand both sides of the coin.

For some people, the special factor is more important than cost or performance. There is lots of high end, hand made products out there that have been eclipsed in "performance" but still sell because the end user it's looking for a sense of occasion. Nothing wrong with that, just like there is nothing wrong with someone buying a 1 gallon bulk detailer and applying that when they have time, because that's all the time and money they can afford. Priorities will always be different, and neither is wrong - it's just different. Same applies to manufacture or supplier, for some it's very important for others it makes no difference.

When it comes to detailing and which products to use, we're at the point where there is more than one correct answer. That also means there isn't only 1 right answer. For me personally cost and performance are my main concerns, I need products that work and won't break the bank, and the cars that I detail that aren't my own are not interested in spending hundreds more because a wax was hand poured instead of mass produced. I would love to try out some high end products, but It's not in my budget and both my cars rack up the mileage commuting.
Sheep is offline   Reply With Quote