Detailing World Forum banner

New G29 Z4 M40i in Black Sapphire

11K views 28 replies 18 participants last post by  VenomUK 
#1 · (Edited)
I collected my Z4 M40i last Thursday and attached are a few photos following its first gentle bath.

The car is being professionally detailed and protected at the weekend so I didn't go to town and just gave it a safe wash as best I could.

So for its first wash it was just a rinse, snow foam, a 2 bucket wash and a towel dry aided by some quick detailer. On the hood I just sprayed on a weak solution of APC cleaner which I gently worked in using a soft brushes followed by a good rinse off.

I can already see this black sapphire paintwork with the ivory white leather is going to need some serious regular attention to keep it this clean!

The new Z4 is an absoulate beast and is a brillant drive. Its also very refined on the inside and can be driven nice and smoothly also if you just want to enjoy a cruise with the hood down. There are plenty of great reviews on this car on YouTube so I won't bore you too much on this.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

See less See more
#7 ·
Thanks for the nice comments all.

I am also a little on the fence with the black alloys but I fancied a change having had so many cars with diamond cut wheels in recent years. I also think the black gloss black wheels on this car go well against the black sapphire paint.

Also diamond cut alloys in my experience are so susceptible to white worm over time or expensive to refurb with the inevitable curb rash.

#10 ·
Thanks mate.

I have bought a few new products to apply on the leather seats.

After a little research on here I ended up going for Dodo Juice Supernatural Leather Cleaner & the Supernatural Leather Sealant. I will be applying this at the weekend.

I also went for the Green Shield Conditioning Leather Surface Wipes off Amazon. I have tried the wipes already and they clean really well and smell lovely also which is a bonos.

#12 ·
Thank you - I really want to go for the Matt Frozen Paint finish as it does seem to show the lines off really well with the Z4. But I got cold feet in the end due to the difficulty of maintaining it or getting any repairs made to a perfect standard. The only way to properly protect the frozen colours is to go for something like the XPEL STEALTH PPF Paint Protection Film. But at circa 6.5k for this it was a no no for me.

#24 ·
Loverly car but the colour doesn't work for me, I don't think black suites it I saw one possible on hear of a frozen grey one ??? I think lighter colours suite the car better
Thanks

Glacier silver would have been my preferred choice but BMW do not produce this car in this colour for some reason in the UK. I had an M135i in this colour and it looked as good as new after 3 years.

The Frozen Grey Matt would probably have proved a nightmare to maintain and repair if necessary. Even the dealers admitted so in their experience of seeing cars returned to them after a few years.

I am very happy with the black sapphire still though.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

#25 ·
Beautiful! I have an E89 that I love. Interested how you go with the leather sealant. I've gone for black on a new S90 after having a 5 Series with cream leather seats. Dye transfer on the cream (untreated) seats was terrible & I never managed to get them back so interested how well the sealant prevents it happening or at least makes them easier to clean.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.