Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Detailing Products > Tools -Machine polishers, Pressure Washers, Detailing Equipment & Microfiber
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Tools -Machine polishers, Pressure Washers, Detailing Equipment & Microfiber Sponsored by Detailed Clean : – 303 | 3M | Auto Finesse | Bilt Hamber | Blackfire | Black Mamba | Bouncer's | Britemax | California Scents | CarPro | Chemical Guys | Collinite | Crakalicious | Dakota Products | Dodo Juice | G3 Pro | Gtechniq | Koch Chemie | Lake Country | Meguiars | Menzerna | Muc-Off | Nanolex | OPT | Pinnacle | Poorboys World | Rupes | Sam's Detailing | Scholl Concepts | Soft99 | Sonax | Sonus | Stoner | Valet Pro | Victoria Wax | Wolfgang | Zaino | e-Gift Certificates | Trade Accounts | www.DetailedClean.co.uk

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2019, 11:01 PM   #21
mr.t
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)
 
mr.t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 2,167
Thanks: 217
Thanked 272 Times in 211 Posts
Garage
this is what you need.

Thank me later.

BRILLIANT BRILLIANT piece of kit!

its more powerful than the cheaper £40-50 ones .

powerful enough to dry the whole car too!

hot and cold air and sub £100 quid.

forget the rest this is a great kit honestly. i wont use a towel to dry my car anymore. i was unsure how well it woudl work but it surpased my expectations.

i dont understand why anyone would spend the same sort of money on less powerful 1hp stuff just for grills :S when this is plenty to do the whole car!

3.2hp.

you can get 4.2 hp too but its around £140 mark. Im glad i got this im tempted to bin my drying towels honestly its that good.
mr.t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 11:35 PM   #22
Jasonjo
Sponge Jockey
 
Jasonjo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 71
Thanks: 3
Thanked 30 Times in 26 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.t View Post
this is what you need.



Thank me later.



BRILLIANT BRILLIANT piece of kit!



its more powerful than the cheaper £40-50 ones .



powerful enough to dry the whole car too!



hot and cold air and sub £100 quid.



forget the rest this is a great kit honestly. i wont use a towel to dry my car anymore. i was unsure how well it woudl work but it surpased my expectations.



i dont understand why anyone would spend the same sort of money on less powerful 1hp stuff just for grills :S when this is plenty to do the whole car!



3.2hp.



you can get 4.2 hp too but its around £140 mark. Im glad i got this im tempted to bin my drying towels honestly its that good.


Did you mean to add a link or name?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jasonjo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jasonjo For This Useful Post:
mr.t (12-11-2019)
Old 12-11-2019, 12:25 AM   #23
Eturty
Washmitt Meister
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 100
Thanks: 3
Thanked 13 Times in 10 Posts
Yes please add a link! I would ideally like t9 buy just one! What sort of specs should I look for when buying a dryer? Hp rating? Watts?

Thanks for all the replies !

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Eturty is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Eturty For This Useful Post:
mr.t (12-11-2019)
Old 12-11-2019, 12:28 AM   #24
mr.t
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)
 
mr.t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 2,167
Thanks: 217
Thanked 272 Times in 211 Posts
Garage
whoops sorry guys.
yep heres link
2800w
3.2hp

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
mr.t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 12:29 AM   #25
mr.t
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)
 
mr.t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 2,167
Thanks: 217
Thanked 272 Times in 211 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eturty View Post
Yes please add a link! I would ideally like t9 buy just one! What sort of specs should I look for when buying a dryer? Hp rating? Watts?

Thanks for all the replies !

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
ye sorry mate my mistake. link added above
mr.t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 01:11 AM   #26
iPlod999
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)
 
iPlod999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Romford, Essex. On loan from South London!
Posts: 1,582
Thanks: 849
Thanked 824 Times in 512 Posts
Pet Dryer perfect.

Under £50.

Ebay item number 223457327021
iPlod999 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iPlod999 For This Useful Post:
ianrobbo1 (12-11-2019), Kyle 86 (19-11-2019)
Old 12-11-2019, 02:27 AM   #27
ianrobbo1
The Jokes Man
 
ianrobbo1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: wakefield
Posts: 2,116
Thanks: 852
Thanked 3,304 Times in 1,761 Posts
Garage
Again with the pet dryer, it looks similar to the imaginary one a few posts ago half the price of a good fair few other machines, sturdy and replaceable if it does go wrong or gets run over.
ianrobbo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 03:25 PM   #28
Eturty
Washmitt Meister
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 100
Thanks: 3
Thanked 13 Times in 10 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.t View Post
ye sorry mate my mistake. link added above
Looks like we have a winner! I'll pick it up next pay day! Thanks for all your help fellas

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Eturty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 03:52 PM   #29
\Rian
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)
 
\Rian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Taunton
Posts: 1,553
Thanks: 32
Thanked 536 Times in 436 Posts
Garage
Are you all forgetting Titan vacs from Screwfix have a blow function, I use mine for drying engine bay

Don't see the point in trying to no contact dry if you are still going to touch the car with a microfiber mitt and sponge to apply a wax or something

Your only cutting out 1 factor in paint marring and personal with a decent plush drying towel and a drying aid you have less chance at marring the paint when drying over applying a wax with a sponge

You also have to get another piece of kit out and plug it in and lug it around the car, you have more chance of knocking it into the car.

So someone please tell me the appeal of this for drying a whole car as from what I see its a stupid idea
\Rian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 04:27 PM   #30
mr.t
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)
 
mr.t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 2,167
Thanks: 217
Thanked 272 Times in 211 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rian View Post
Are you all forgetting Titan vacs from Screwfix have a blow function, I use mine for drying engine bay

Don't see the point in trying to no contact dry if you are still going to touch the car with a microfiber mitt and sponge to apply a wax or something

Your only cutting out 1 factor in paint marring and personal with a decent plush drying towel and a drying aid you have less chance at marring the paint when drying over applying a wax with a sponge

You also have to get another piece of kit out and plug it in and lug it around the car, you have more chance of knocking it into the car.

So someone please tell me the appeal of this for drying a whole car as from what I see its a stupid idea


i was sceptical at 1st , i used to sheet the water off and then pat dry the car with a gyeon towel. good towel . it does mean lugging out a new tool but to be honest its turned the part i hate(drying) to really enjoy drying the car.

of course your only taking 1 step out to reduce the marring but i think its kinda fun and if it helps reduce then for me it was worth it. i personally think its more fun than snow foaming, watching the water run off and able to get into the nooks and crannys that normally get missed.

theres also another good use for it...

you bring the car back wet and want to store it e.g under a blanket or cover, you cant dry off the dirty water. i just blew it off with no risk of a) dirtying towels and b) not moving dirty water around with a towel.

last time i used it id spent all day cleaning my car for a car meet, i drove back from the meet and it poured it down with rain. Grrr. No issue though, bring it in the garage and dry the rain water off. car looked spotless.
mr.t is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 09:16 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
DTO Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

vB.Sponsors
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
DTO Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

vB.Sponsors