Detailing World Forum banner

which menzerna and pad combo

8K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  WristyManchego 
#1 ·
Hi all,

I'm looking to give me Golf R a once over to remove small swirls.

Which menzerna is good to give a bit of cut and also which pad is better to use with it?

It will be going for a ceramic coating so i want to do the polishing myself.

cheers

#2 ·
Without seeing the condition of the paintwork, it's hard to suggest, but if the swirls are very light, I'd try an area with a polishing pad and Menzerna 3500 and see what results you get with that.

Do you already own some of the Menzerna polishes or are you looking to buy some?

#3 ·
i used to.

ive got somr ROAR polish, its not bad but it doesnt need to be a full cutting compound.

and im not so sure a polishing pad is heavy enough.

basically im after a one stop shop for swirls and gloss, only reason im asking about menzerna is a friend recommended it after using it, but im unsure of pad to use

#4 ·
A bit more detail on the paint condition would be helpful so we can recommend on that, but if you are set on Menzerna and it is light swirls and gloss you are after I’d go for Power Finish on either a Yellow Rupes pad or Microfibre pad. Should get through some defects and finish nicely with that combo as a one step.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.