Detailing World Forum banner

halfords sale; what to buy?..

6K views 12 replies 11 participants last post by  trv8 
#1 ·
hi guys,

we have one day left to take advantage of the halfords BOGOF!

what to buy i ask?!?!

i want a:

• CAR WAS SHAMPOO (thinking Zymol)
  • some form of polish
  • or A Easy to use WAX which is also durable

all products need to compliment my BLACK ALFA 159..

over to the experts :D

also would i be better buying the Black Hole (from elsewhere and waxing over it?)

#3 ·
There was a couple of threads on here on the Zymol shampoo, this shampoo did not work for me when it first came to sale in Halfords, but alot of people on here like this shampoo alot, so give it go, and see how well it performs for yourself.

Polish, you probably want a paint renovator from Farecla G3 with there white waffle pad, or you can go for the SRP or the Ultra deep shine from Halfords, or the meguiars ultimate polish, choice is yours.

Wax wise, ease of use, you can go for the Farecla G3 Paste wax or the HD wax from Autoglym.

Hope this helps.

#4 ·
#5 ·
....a lot of posts on here say autoglym isnt such a great brand, as in megs is better......
I would disagree there are some who are not keen on various items from the Autoglym range but there are also plenty who think they make good products

If you want to buy from Halfords for the BOGOF offer I would get some SRP & EGP (or HD Wax). As for shampoo I am sure that any of the big brands would do a decent job eg Autoglym, Meguiars etc

#6 ·
AG HD Wax is superb. It is so easy to use and has lasted me months. I put it on in january and I have washed my car every week since and it still beads like a beauty. You will get a lot of opinions on here about wax (its all about personal preference really) so its probably best you just pick any decent branded one and be done with.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.